• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Use ADE-GP 2.2.09 for FSX airports developed with ADE 1.75

Country
england
Don
Unfortunately all I get is no development available and when I try to download latest version from bottom of page I get the message not generally available.

Dave

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
When I first added the PV4 capability to ADE-GP, it seemed possible to use FSX materials not only with PV3/4 but also FSX GPs. Unfortunately, the implementation of that capability left something to be desired, since FSX has been known to freeze when encountering GP files with this capability.

ADE-GP 2.2.08 deletes this feature and reverts to simple FS8-style GPs for both FS9 and FSX (and SE, Pv1 and Pv2).

This change does not affect generation of GPs for P3D v3/4.

If you use ADE 1.75 or later to develop FSX airports containing ground polys, please ensure you are using ADE-GP 2.2.08 with it. (The ADE-GP version number is contained in the title bar of the GP Editor or can be determined with Windows Properties.)

For your convenience, the v2.2.08 .dll is attached. Simply copy it into your ADE folder if you need it. If your system complains of missing files, the full release is available from http://stuff4fs.com. Navigate to the User applications/ADE Ground Polys page.

Sorry about that, folks. My intentions were true.

Don

EDIT: There's still an issue in 2.2.08. I believe it to be fixed in 2.2.09, currently being verified. Please do not install 2.2.08.

Don

Attachments

• ADE_GroundPolys.dll.zip
    155 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The issues with Version 2.2.08 have been confirmed fixed. Please use Version 2.2.09 - available from http://stuff4fs.com (navigate to User Applications/ADE Ground Polys and click Latest General release menu item) when developing airports for FSX with ADE 1.75.

Don

Country
us-texas
Don, I installed V 2.2.16 and it works perfectly! The P3D GP polygon shift is GONE!
I pushed it to the limit, sample below has base transparency, apron with bump/specular/ noise layer with rain precipitation.

GPADEX.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Glad to hear you've finally got it working. Other than the lateral offset, I don't know what the problem could have been since none of the code in the area of custom materials has been touched for some time. (The lateral offset issue was due to the way PV4 handles GPs. The methodology that worked well in FSX was deficient in PV4. But, that's behind us now.)

All's well that ends well.
Don

Country
us-texas
from the research I did.....it seems like something called drawcall batching causes it.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I suppose it's possible the fix for the lateral offset also eliminated the "drawcall batching" issue (if that's what it was). If you still have the files, it may be helpful to see the "before" and "after".

Don