1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventures of the New Guy

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by NotASenator, 29/11/06.

1. NotASenator

NotASenator

us-virginia
    As I foray into the world of SimConnect add-ons, I'm going to be documenting my follies over on my new blog:

http://www.notasenator.com/blog

As I figure out how to do whatever I can think of to do (or whatever is suggested to me) I'll be doing little demos or tutorials on how I did it, and some "starter kits", complete little programs (in C# source) for people to play with and figure out how to work with. They have been a lot of help for the XNA beta, and I think it might get more people interested.

Anyways, I invite everyone to come over, laugh at me and tell me what I'm doing wrong as I keep it going.

Thanks,

(Also, just let me know if this sort of shameless self-plug is against the policies here. I plan on running headfirst into some rather large walls, and I'd like to know that the guys here, i.e. people with brains, will see me do it and help me work towards not doing things wrong)
  2. lc0277

lc0277

france
    Registration is needed to post comments on your site and I'm really fed up with hundreds of accounts everywhere, so I'll answer here :eek: (my comment is not off-topic anyway)

You're posting examples on how to request plane pitch/bank in order to make a PFD.
    Did you try to request a classical FS PBH (pitch bank heading) structure using simconnect ? I've tried "STRUCT PBH32" and "STRUCT LATLONALTPBH" as varnames using both LatLonAlt and XYZ as data type. The names were recognized but the members were always zero. Of course I can put the three variables in the same dataset and then cast/marshall the result to my own structure, but I wanted to see if it was possible with one data.

I do not feel concerned :cool:
  3. NotASenator

NotASenator

us-virginia
    I realized I hadn't turned anonymous comments on last night when my older sister complained that I she couldn't post about how she doesn't understand what I am talking about. :p

It should be corrected now.

As for the PBH structure, I saw it but haven't tried it yet. The data should be returned in the LATLONGALT datatype, but I think we still need to cast it at some point to our own struct for it to work.

I'll take a look at it when I get home.
  4. Javier

Javier

spain
    The same here. STRUCT LATLONALT works perfectly so maybe is just a bug for the PBH variable.

Javier.
  5. NotASenator

NotASenator

us-virginia
    http://www.notasenator.com/blog/index.html

I've posted an interesting problem. I haven't been able to get engine fires to work. I don't see an event for it, and it claims to be settable, but doesn't seem to work.

The original AVSIM post by Endre is linked in the post, and I was exploring it for myself.

I appreciate any input.