1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI aircraft disappearing

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by GTV61, 2/6/09.

1. GTV61

GTV61

us-newjersey
    I finally got AI planner working after much help and patience from Don. Thanks again….
    Next issues:
    I set up a FP and I’m trying to follow the AI to its destination in another aircraft. I see it visually and on radar all the way to takeoff. Then about 5 seconds after it rotates...... it disappears.:eek:

ANY IDEAS?
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    First thing I would do is go to the destination airport about 8 ,or so, minutes before arrival to see if the plane appears and lands. You can speed up the sim until you see the plane. If the plane lands then your FP is OK. If it is already there you need to back up some more. If it never shows, there is a problem. Is there enough time between airports in your plan?

Bob
  3. GTV61

GTV61

us-newjersey
    Flying into mouintains

I see whats happening. The aircraft is flying into a mountain.
    Is there anything that can be done to direct it away ?
    I've been looking on the forum and way points do not seem to be supported.
    I hope I don't need a different piece of software.
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    You can try using a higher altitude in your FP. I don't know how close the mountian is. I suppose you could send the plane to an airport a different direction first. You could dig up the mountian:D

Other than that you may indeed need another piece of software. Something like ADE will allow you to do somthing about approaches.

Bob