1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI aircraft flying SIDS and STARS

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by MatthewS, 20/1/08.

1. MatthewS

MatthewS

australia
    I've been playing around with AI aircraft using SimConnect.

I am able to take control of an AI aircraft and make it land at an airport using the appropriate STAR (my testing has been MODON2B arrival to RWY 27 at Phuket VTSP).

I do this by issuing a waypoint list to the AI aircraft. However when the aircraft is on the runway (which is the last point in the waypoint list) the aircraft just stops.

I was hoping that the FSX would take control again and direct it to a parking spot but it doesn't.

Any ideas as how to make FSX take control of an AI plane after it has landed?
  2. Daniel

Daniel

netherlands
    I haven't found a way to do this.

I would have liked the ability to take over a plane for a while and then give it back to FSX for several purposes.

There might be a possibility to achieve what you are trying.

You can freeze an AI object's position and orientation. All animations will still work as if the object was moving.

Then you must update the object's position and orientation yourself (each frame of course to make it smooth). So, I guess... not an option.

Besides, as soon as you unfreeze the object, FSX will send it back to the waypoint it was heading to before freezing.

Daniel
  3. MatthewS

MatthewS

australia
    Yes exactly, I just want to take over control for the STAR and then hand back control to FSX when its lined up on the runway. Even if I have to fly it all the way to the runway (using waypoint commands) just as long as FSX takes back control to taxi it to the gate.

I'll try some more things over the weekend.

Thanks for your suggestions.