• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI and ATC SDK

fs1

Country
brazil
Thanks, I figured out how it transitions from a FP to Vector state.
The Vector pattern seems to be hard coded and has 3 types ?
The idea is to trap this specific moment so I can provide a custom made vector route until landing phase.
It all seems a chain sequence of stages.
I need to check now how can I bypass the default vectoring and transition directly to the land phase doing custom turns as well.

Last edited:
Could you clarify the pattern types you are refering to. Yes it is hard coded but not totally rigid that is the headings given are all similar but flexible in regards to distance at which it targets for ils interception depending on other lined up ai. Or perhaps it is fixed coded for 3 fixed distances that you may have come across above.

From what I have seen the vectoring phase is triggered by distance from target ils ident fix which there is no way given to override unless perhaps by a hack. There is however option available for user aircraft to fly approach transitions from specific waypoints when defined in fsx aproach database or afcad, while ai always defaults to vectoring method. The atc clears you free of vectoring to ils interception at passing the point. If this could be hack enabled for ai as well I think it will do what you want.

fs1

Country
brazil
Could you clarify the pattern types you are refering to.
I see there are 3 different descents when I force a land, not quite sure how each of them are triggered

From what I have seen the vectoring phase is triggered by distance from target ils ident fix which there is no way given to override unless perhaps by a hack.
Correct

I am trying to put some ideas together on what could be done to improve this. Thanks!

fs1

Country
brazil
Question: is the settable Simconnect "AI DESIRED SPEED" variable Currently working? Is it settable?
Thanks

fs1

Country
brazil
I have researching and a lot of progress has been done. I will be posting news and development soon.