• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Introducing Development Release 3.4.3.14(b)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
us-alabama
Missing Option in AI Flight Planner Version 2.2.01

Thanks Don!

I missed the "PLEASE READ ME BEFORE INSTALLING.pdf" because my download was done as an update to an already exsisting AI Flight Panner I had.

Hi,

I noticed that one of the many of the mistakes I made was not to 'double click' on the selected items. Although they then show up, they do not change what you intended. May be something to add to the manual (if it is not already in it:):eek:).

PS: I am afraid, Don, that this is not the right place to put this but you will probably read it anyway:).

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roby, if you would be specific about what needs to be double-clicked when a single click is misleading, I'll be happy to amend the manual.

Don

Hi Don,

For instance: you load a traffic file, and you will see the flightplans to the left but no entries to the right. you double click on the flightplan and the details come up on the right side. There are more instances like that but I would have to open AIFP and try it because I do not remember and forgive me it is dinner time over here and my wife is shouting that.....:eek:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roby, there's no rush. However, if we're going to make the user manuals more useable, I've got to know to what, exactly, you are referring. For example
you load a traffic file, and you will see the flightplans to the left but no entries to the right
load into what, the traffic analyser, the Main panel or the FP editor? All have list boxes left and right.

I suspect in this case you are referring to the FP Editor. If so, then you might take a look at the first sentence in Section 7.3 of AI Flight Planner.pdf. How can I make it any clearer?

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Development Release 2.2.01(g) may contain an error in the Scenery Library scanning routine. Development Release 2.2.01(h), just uploaded, does not have that error. Users of any AIFP Development Release 2.2.01(x) should update to 2.2.01 (h).

Don

Hi Don,

Is there any way in a future version that when in the traffic analyzer screen, when you hoover your mouse over a traffic.bgl file it will show you that files path? I have random AI from scenery files and it takes forever trying to track them down. The analyzer is fantastic at locating them, and that's a big help, just would be nice to know where they are located.

Thanks!
-Kevin

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
A serious problem has been discovered in Version 2.2.01 (missing file name when converting FS9 traffic files to FSX, leaving only a single file with the name "_FSX.bgl").

I had planned to make a new release in a few days. But, because of that issue, I decided to release Version 2.2.02 now. The next time you run AIFP you should be notified of the update. If not, you can retrieve it as the AIFP Latest Release from http://stuff4fs.com.

I will be away from my development system for the next few days and unable to render support. Hopefully, Version 2.2.02 will "behave".

Don

Morning Don,

Just downloaded your v2.2.02.
Had to point the program to the fsx.cfg again. But that is OK if you know where to find it.
On the other hand,and regarding the traffic analyzer:
- I do not quite understand why I have to start from C:\ each time to point the program finally to the FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder. Can't it be saved somehow?
- Next: (unless I am doing something wrong) the 'analyse parking' graphics are not quite clear to me how they work. They show a max. of 40% use at every hour and day of the week but still I have overflow for a bunch of aircraft that cannot find a parking spot at a certain time (see next 'next':)) when asking for more info as to the parking assignments.
- Next: could it be that AIFP does only take into account the parkings with parking codes or aircraft with particular parking codes or a combination of the two to determine whether there is enough parking available? That may explain some things and would mean that you have to code all parkings as well before getting any meaningful info from the parking analyzer?

Roby

PS I have only 297 traffic files (111Mb) all only in the scenery\world\scenery folder and it takes me about 5 min to browse to the right folder and have everything show up.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Had to point the program to the fsx.cfg again
If FSX is installed in the proper manner and the FSX.cfg file is in its usual location, you shouldn't have to. What version of Windows are you using, where is FSX installed and what is the path to your FSX.cfg file?

I do not quite understand why I have to start from C:\ each time to point the program finally to the FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder. Can't it be saved somehow?
Near the bottom of the dialog on which you select the files/folders of interest is a checkbox labelled "Save as default search". Check that and the folders configuration when you close that dialog will be in effect when you re-open it. The configurations for FS9 and FSX are saved separately. Please note, however, certain AIFP functions will override these default selections and open a different set of folders.

the 'analyse parking' graphics are not quite clear to me how they work. They show a max. of 40% use at every hour and day of the week but still I have overflow for a bunch of aircraft that cannot find a parking spot at a certain time
Doesn't sound like you've got much moving traffic. There are three sections in the overflow report:
  • aircraft for which there was no parking available,
  • aircraft that specified a parking code (or codes) but no parking spots with any such code were available, and
  • aircraft without an assigned parking code that were placed in coded spots.
With only 40% utilization, I wouldn't expect anything in the first category - except for aircraft that were too large to park anywhere. (If there are any in this category, please send me the traffic files you are using and the "afcad" for the airport and I'll check it out.) But, depending on your airport configuration and the traffic file parking requirements, there could well be entires in the other two. This aspect of the analyser has been very well tested by my beta testers and me and found to be quite accurate.
could it be that AIFP does only take into account the parkings with parking codes or aircraft with particular parking codes or a combination of the two to determine whether there is enough parking available? That may explain some things and would mean that you have to code all parkings as well before getting any meaningful info from the parking analyzer?
The analyser assigns parking in exactly the same way as (it is understood that) FlightSim does, taking into account the same data as FlightSim. If the analyser reports you have parking problems, then you probably have similar problems with FlightSim. If the analyser doesn't report parking issues, then Flightsim is probably parking the aircraft where you intend.

The analyser "deals" in details. It is intended to help you understand what FlightSim would do under similar circumstances and to help you identify and resolve parking issues at a given airport. If you have verified that FlightSIm is doing something significantly different than the analyser tells you, I'd like to know about it. But, you do need to understand what the analyser is telling you and compare it with what FlightSim does under similar circumstances to know whether or not there's a problem. Unexpected data in the overflow report doesn't necessarily mean a problem in AIFP.

Don

Thanks Don,

Why did not you say so in the first place:confused:?
No, there is not much traffic on this airport, that is why I chose it to check out the workings of the analyzer. All the airplanes that land there have parking codes but not all of the parkings have them.
I will check it out again but your beta testers must be some phenomenons.
Appreciate your patience with me and other dumdumbs:).

Roby

PS: I am still on Vista, never changed the location of the FSX.cfg (that is why I remembered where it was), FSX is installed in the program files\Microsoft Games\ Microsoft Flight Simulator folder ( user accounts disabled long time ago).

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
PS: I am still on Vista, never changed the location of the FSX.cfg (that is why I remembered where it was), FSX is installed in the program files\Microsoft Games\ Microsoft Flight Simulator folder (no user accounts disabled long time ago).
You didn't tell me the path to your FSX.cfg file (only that you knew where it is), so I still don't have any idea what's going on.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
That's where AIFP expects to find it on Win 7 and Vista. Since no one else is complaining, the issue must be due to something in your system configuration. But, I have no idea what it could be.

So that AIFP can work with any Windows versions, AIFP depends on NET/Framework to tell it where application user data is located. It would seem that AIFP is getting the wrong information in your case.

This area of AIFP code has not changed since the initial introduction of AIFP several years ago. Is this a new problem for you? Have you recently re-built your system or reinstalled FSX? Please try temporarily deleting/disabling the file AIFP.ini and see if that helps.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Don

Hi Don,

Yes, it is a new never before experienced one.
Fyi, it happened just after the latest automatic windows update.

That's where AIFP expects to find it on Win 7 and Vista. Since no one else is complaining, the issue must be due to something in your system configuration. But, I have no idea what it could be.

So that AIFP can work with any Windows versions, AIFP depends on NET/Framework to tell it where application user data is located. It would seem that AIFP is getting the wrong information in your case.

This area of AIFP code has not changed since the initial introduction of AIFP several years ago. Is this a new problem for you? Have you recently re-built your system or reinstalled FSX? Please try temporarily deleting/disabling the file AIFP.ini and see if that helps.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Don

Yes. Just did with the latest version.
Using W7 64

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.