1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI FP can't find aircraft 'model'

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Honus, 26/12/10.

1. Honus

Honus

Here's where I am so far:

I was using AI Traffic Mover and have used the .txt files from that to input my flightplans into AI FP. I can load the plans ok but when I go to compile, it says' can't locate 'mdl' file for XXX aircraft, etc. It's reading the aircraft list fine so I'm not sure what it's looking for. Can u help? thanks!
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    It's looking for the aircraft .mdl file since, presumably, you have checked "Sequence flight plans for best performance" and some of the aircraft referenced in your flight plans do not exist on your system. Uncheck Sequence ..." and the error message should go away.

Don
  3. Honus

Honus

ok, the obvious question is,
    what if I want AI FP to find the aircraft on my system? Do I have to load them a different way? thanks
  4. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    If the aircraft are installed in the usual manner and in the usual place, AIFP should find them.

While I don't have any difficulty on my system, It's possible there is some legitimate aircraft.cfg folder that AIFP doesn't address.

Please send me a sample aircraft folder (one where AIFP dosn't find the aircraft model but in which the model exists) and I'll investigate.

Don
  5. Honus

Honus

I can get by, another problem has cropped up. I got an error that one my my segments didn't have a flight number. So I brough plan #368, and found the missing flight number segment. I input a flight number but it won't let me save and compile. It says 'leg is not in a condition to be saved' etc. It's just a txt file that I pulled from AI Traffic mover.
    I guess this program may be better in some ways but little things like this make it annoying. I just want to save the left (I clicked 'save edits) but it says it can't save it. Maybe if I get past this I can work on the aircraft thing later. Thanks for the help.
  6. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Honus, you appear to be trying to save an invalid flight plan and becoming annoyed that AIFP won't accept it.

It's not a matter of AIFP being better than some of the other tools out there (which it is), but rather, that it tells you when there are problems and expects you to fix them. If you're not going to fix the problems, then why bother saving. Erroneous flight plans - even if they compile - are unlikely to perform as expected.

If you've found a situation you think should be acceptable but AIFP will not allow it, please send me the data and tell me what you expect. I need more information than words to that effect "AITM allowed me to save with errors."

Don
  7. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Honus, your frustration with AIFp aside, there is a problem with finding model radius which I will fix shortly.

Don