1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS2004 AI planes landing on wrong runway

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by twharrell, 27/2/12.

1. twharrell

twharrell

After creating curved ILS approaches for Aspen, I just downloaded Traffic Toolbox so I can view AI aircaft flying into Aspen. So far all AI aircraft are landing on Rwy 33, not Rwy 15. Even if I set the winds to favor Rwy 15, planes still land on 33. I have Rwy 33 set as takeoff only and Rwy 15 set as land only. I'm not sure why planes are not landing on Rwy 15. Any help with this issue is much appreciated.

Todd
  2. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    Look if it's the primary runway. who know
  3. twharrell

twharrell

I must be losing my mind, because I had already started a thread with this question. My apologies for duplicating this thread.

Runway 15 is the primary runway. However, I have it set as land only. I just now read somewhere that the takeoff runway is also the primary landing runway in fsx. I assume this is the same for FS9. Perhaps I should reopen runway 15 for takeoffs?

Todd
  4. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    I not have more knowledge than you, but this thing are much of trial and error, anyway I would set the primary runway for take off and landings, and see what happen, look to the runway, and check his number match with the real thing.etc :cool:
  5. rfields

rfields

us-arkansas
    Did you remove the start location for Rwy 15?

If you did that, it would make the runway unlandable.

Look at Rwy 18/36 at EDDF in the default FS2004 airport and Rwy 5/23 at the default EGLL.

That is how MS codes single ended runways. We have never found a head to head runway in FS2004 or FSX.
  6. twharrell

twharrell

Reggie,

I did remove the start location! I'll fix that tonight and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Todd
  7. twharrell

twharrell

Replacing the runway start location worked. Thanks!

Todd