1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ai Sort

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Frankis, 3/3/07.

1. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    I have just uploaded "Aisort" to the Avsim library.
    Please let me know by this forum of any problems or ideas for future versions.

Regards Frank
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Hi Frank

Thanks for letting us know
  3. Gypsy Baron

Gypsy Baron

us-california
    Frank, I jusr posted under the TTools to FSX thread
    in this forum before I saw this post.

Paul
  4. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    AiSort

Gday all
    I have uploaded AiSort vers 1.0.0.28 to Avsim
    Just a few small changes, It now can find AiAircraft not in the Default Folder and I changed the Aircrafttypes Radius to better match the SDK measurements.
    Two uploads were made one with the full Vb6 settup and one without the Vb6 Runtime files, Msflexgrid Required for the latter.

Is anybody out there using this Prog Please let me know ?

Regards Frank
  5. Bell_209

Bell_209

australia
    I am! Unfortunately it won't compile the converted file for me at all, though. Not sure why...it just starts and immediately crashes.
    Last edited: 13/6/07
  6. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    I assume that when you press Compile [Tools /Compile Fsx traffic bgl] You are presented with a dialog Please find sced to compile and when you press the button Compile Sceds***. Trafficdatabasebuilder starts then immediately shuts down ie (a dos window opens then closes) with nothing happening.
    If this is the case it is posible that your filenames and or path names are too long (this is a grey area that I've never been able to find the limit), also check that all the files Required are in the working Path, ie "AcTyps_Extra.txt", "Scheds_Extra.txt", "AirportList.txt", "countries_regions.csv", "TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe" and "FSX_Airport_Changed_Designators.csv"
    (The prog "FsxFpCompiler.exe" can be run by itself to compile sceds)

Hope this helps
    Regards Frank
  7. Bell_209

Bell_209

australia
    Yep, that's the error but everything is where it should be. The file is called "Scheds_RAAF.txt" and a folder is created but it's empty. The whole process doesn't go through to completion.

Thanks for any help!

Rob
  8. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    FsxfpCompiler.exe Creates the folder Stats_RAAF for the TDBB log files.
    It looks like TrafficDatabase Builder is rejecting your comand line for some reason. if all the files are there it's possible the working folder is too long.

This is the comand line that is sent to TDBB When I compile Sceds_Extra on my system::::
    "/Airports=AirportList.txt /AircraftTypes=AcTyps_Extra.txt /Countries=countries_regions.csv /Schedules=Scheds_Extra.txt /Log=Stats_Extra\TBldr.txt /Statsdir=D:\FskTools\FsX_TRAFFIC\Stats_Extra /Autoschedule=no /Output=Acrft_Extra.Bgl"
    If your working Folder Name is longer than mine ie(D:\FskTools\FsX_TRAFFIC)you might try shortening your working folder

Regards Frank
  9. Bell_209

Bell_209

australia
    Thanks very much fopr your help so far, Frank. My working path is now C:\FSX Traffic\Working but there's no change. Any other ideas?
    Last edited: 15/6/07
  10. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    You got me on that one Could you email me your working files (the ones that TDBB uses)

regards Frank
  11. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    Just spent the morning testing and I found as long as I had a file by the name of "countries_regions.csv" in the same path as TrafficDatabaseBuilder TdBB will Produce the log file "TBldr.txt" no matter how much I mulched the other files or left them out even if "countries_regions.csv" is an emty file I have been able to Compile a bgl.
    Both 'TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe" and "countries_regions.csv" must be in the working directory for aisort.

Regards Frank
  12. Bell_209

Bell_209

australia
    Just sent you an e-mail with my details. Hope we can fix it!

Cheers,

Rob
  13. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    It appears Aisort was writing it's ini file wrong causing fpCompiler to go pearshape I have emailed a new vesion to you for testing.
    Regards Frank
  14. Frankis

Frankis

australia
    I have found that If any of the files or paths that are presented to TrafficDataBaseBuilder have a space in them TBDD will not run
    I will include a check on that in the next build of Aisort
    Regards Frank
  15. Bell_209

Bell_209

australia
    Thanks Frank; keep up the good work!