1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX aircraft list.dat

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by robystar, 16/9/09.

1. robystar

robystar

Hello,

Each time I make a new flightplan, I have to create a new aircraft list.
    Is that normal? Should the list not be loaded automatically? I do have an aircraftlist.dat but it does not load apparently.
    Perhaps in some way it should be saved but although in the manual it states that after making a new aircraft list, I should do so, I have not found any indication on how then to save it.
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    AIFP does not use a list named "aircraftlist.dat" - (which is why your's doesn't get loaded.)

When you start a new flight plan file, AIFP has no idea what aircraft you intend to use, so there's nothing for it to load automatically. (It is unlikely you'd want a list containing every variation of every aircraft in your "stable" - which is about the only list that could be generated under those circumstances. But, if you do, AIFP provides the capability to generate it quickly.)

When you save a flight plan file set, the current Aircraft List is saved automatically. You may also save the Aircraft List independently using the Aircraft / Save Aircraft List to Text File or Save as ... functions

You may load any previously saved aircraft_xxx.txt file using the Aircraft / Load Alternate Aircraft Text File or Merge Another Aircraft Text File functions. The Aircraft menu also provides several methods for quickly creating a Aircraft List or adding to it from your existing aircraft "stable".

Please refer to Section 8 of the User Manual for further detail.

Don
  3. robystar

robystar

Right.
    It was an aircraft.txt file I saved myself. Will have to change my glasses.

Thank you.
    Last edited: 16/9/09