1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Aircraft not showing

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by greenleader, 3/5/10.

1. greenleader

greenleader

southafrica
    I am using the latest version of AI Flightplanner 1.6.32
    I want to make a simple AI flightplan from FABL to FAKM and back. Everything is well and the bgl compiles without any errors, BUT the aircraft do not show in FSX.
    When I take the textfile and compile it manually with TrafficTools afterwards, it is working fine as I intended it to work.
    I have change from GMT to local time and back, but nothing.
    What do I do wrong?:confused:
    Thanks
    Martin
  2. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    After you have compiled your flight plan in AIFP and start FSX - do you see that the scenery database is rebuilt? If not so then AIFP saves the BGL to a place where FSX does not see it.
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Since you presumably compiled for FSX with AIFP (which doesn't work for you) but the traffic file works when compiled with TTools (which compiles for FS9), your problem is almost certainly due to there being one or more other FS9 traffic files "visible" to FSX. Please see the sticky on mixing FS9 and FSX traffic files.

Don
  4. greenleader

greenleader

southafrica
    gsnd
    The bgl is placed in my scenery/world/scenery folder and FSX do pick it up. The database is also been rebuild by FSX

Don, I do not not use FS9 at all. I am using Traffictools to compile the bgl that AIFP just created for FSX

What bothers me the most, is that FSX definitely see the file and rebuild the database
  5. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    What Don is saying is that you in this case most likely have some FS9 traffic files installed and therefore your FSX files won't show. Have you installed some PAI or MAIW packages (which will install such FS9 traffic files)?

You can make this test. Move all files with traffic in their name from scenery/world/scenery into temporary folder and then compile your flight plan with AIFP in FSX mode. Start FSX and see if the aircraft now shows.

If they do, at least some of the moved files are in FS9 format. Luckily you can convert them in one go with Don's tool, so this is easily fixed.
  6. greenleader

greenleader

southafrica
    gsnde

Okay, I am very sorry. I did understand it wrongly. After I just did a check and read through the sticky and help file, ther are FS9 compiled files in my scenery folder, all those of WOAI.

I am going to make another FP and move it to my OWN AI folder. Should it work then?

Thanks for your and Don's replies.

Regards

Martin Nel:)
  7. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Hi Martin,

No reason to be sorry :)

No, the concept of AI traffic is different between FSX and FS9 and their traffic type files should not be mixed. The right thing to do is:
    • identify all FS9 traffic files
    • move them into a separate folder
    • use AIFP batch convert capability to convert them to FSX format in one go
    • move them into your scenery\world\scenery folder
    and then you are done.
  8. greenleader

greenleader

southafrica
    Don, to you and Martin a very big THANK YOU.

It is working very well now. It seems a very easy program to use and I can tell anyone that it really is. I did not bother in the first place to look for FS9 files, because WOAI said it was for FSX. But Don corrected me there.

Thanks again

Regards

Martin:wave:
    Last edited: 3/5/10
  9. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    Good that it is working now, Martin.

Yes, AIFP is a must-have. Have you already checked out the other great tools that can be found here on FSDeveloper? ;)
  10. greenleader

greenleader

southafrica
    Martin

The only other tool I am using, is Scenery Builder for FSX. I am using it for making landclass for South-Africa. Works very good and is a great tool.

Regards

Martin