1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airline Codes

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by densleyp, 9/4/08.

1. densleyp

densleyp

unitedkingdom
    Jon,
    While trying to assign codes to gates I found the following discrepancies ??
    First Choice Airways comes up as AMM when it should be FCA ?
    I am unable to find the airline that uses AMM as it three digit ICAO code...
    Thompson Airways with the code BAL is no more and has been replaced by ThompsonFly with the code TOM.
    Is there anyway I can amend the database myself or will I have to wait until an updated database comes out ?
    NO winge intended just trying to help sort out the errors that creep in to aproject of this size and complexity...
  2. David_Strate

David_Strate

us-nevada
    the file you are looking for is parkingspecs.dat -- the file structure is pretty simple:

Airline name,R,G,B,0,airline code

the rgb is the color that you want the parking spot to be when it's placed... for example, red (*RGB = 255/0/0*) would be 255,0,0

HTH
  3. densleyp

densleyp

unitedkingdom
    Thanks David, I have amended my file, how ever my knowledge of coding for RGB colours and their subsequent numbers is zero. Is there anywhere on the net I can go to which will detail the colours and their numbers ??
  4. David_Strate

David_Strate

us-nevada
  5. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Be careful please the format of parking specs is different in ase than the original. It is Name,A,R,G,B,Code where A is the alpha or transparency, R is red, G is green, and B is blue. Each of these is a number between 0 and 255. These four numbers determine the color that ADE displays for that airline. For A 0 is transparent and 255 is solid. The url David gives is excellent to show the effects of value combinations for RGB
  6. densleyp

densleyp

unitedkingdom
    David,Jon many thanks for your help, I'll be careful as to what I do, as a newbie I do not plan on being very adventurous just yet..