1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airplane List

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Mameni, 13/1/11.

1. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Hi guys, I am currently using v1.6 and I have started to have the following problem: once the traffic plan is created,saved and compiled, and I go to FSX to see it working, the selected plane does not show at the selected airport and departing time. This has never happend before and I do have quite a lot of traffic plans created with AIFP. Can someone help trying to figure out what's wrong?
    Also read that a new version V2 was available, so I downloaded it and it will not create the airplane list? but when I click to perform this, a window showing different folders on AIFP show?
    As always appreciate help
    Regards
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Mamemi, the current release of AIFP is 2.09. There has been a "lot of water under the bridge" since version 1.6 and I'm no longer in a position to support it.

Functionally, Version 2 should be virtually identical to Version 1.6 when in the FP editor ("behind the scenes", it's quite different) except where documented otherwise - and should have been downloaded automatically unless you have auto-updates turned off. Regarding your "airplane list problem", I'm going to need a lot more details to understand what you are trying to do and what's not happening. Please be specific as to what steps you are taking and what is the result.

Don
  3. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Hi Don,thanks for your reply. Well let me try to explain what's happening right after dowloading v2. First I installed it to the same folder where the older version was. Then decided to create a new folder with the new version. The problem is the same on both cases: to initiate a new flight plan the aircraft list must be loaded, correct? so from the newly created folder I clicked on Aifp2 to open the aplication window and once there,clicked on airplanes and then on load airplane list. Once I do this, instead of looking and loading the plane list, it opens a window showing the Documents Library of my computer. I then tried to get to the path from where AIFP should look for the Planes: FSX/simobjects/PLanes, but nothing happens and therefore can not start the program. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.
    Thanks
  4. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    When it asks you for an aircraft list, it wants either a TTools-style text-format aircraft file or a traffic file (from which it can extract the aircraft data). You seem to be trying to have it load the FlightSim aircraft.

Don
  5. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    That point is understood DON. However let me ask you: in the previous version when the aircraft list was needed I clicked on add airplane list or something like that and the list was then created. Doesn't this version do the same, do I have to provide the TTools-style text-format aircraft file or a traffic files? I don't think so, correct? so there is something that I still am missing, that is how do I get the program to extract this data? and have the airplane list available? and not get the message that I am now getting: Unable to acces Aircraft Folders. Sorry to keep you bothering but I did not have this situation when I first started the previous version, in fact as far as I remember upon starting it, it started to automatically look for the airplane list.
    Appreciate your comments
    Thanks
    Last edited: 13/1/11
  6. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Version 2 provides several functions for adding/replacing aircraft in the Aircraft List using the FlightSim aircraft database as source. (Most of these same features were available in Version 1.6 as well.) They are documented in Section 8 of the manual, primarily sections 8.2 and 8.4.

Don
  7. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Don I had read the manual and followed the instruction given to load the airplane list:
    Clicked on airplanes/then on bulk-add aircraft to list
    Windows poped up: No target FS selected use the select feature;clicked OK
    New windows poped up: marked ALL FSX and SELECT
    At this time the airplane list should start to load,correct?
    Well it does'nt and right after clicking SELECT a windows showing my C drive shows up,:D but not a complete one; it does not show the folder with the Program File where FSX is loaded.
    So I really don't know what else is there to do:confused:
  8. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    There's no OK button to click

There are no such selections.

If you want me to help, you've got to tell me what you are doing (or not) - exactly! No one else is reporting such problems, so it's not going to be obvious.

Here's how its supposed to work (and does on my development system)You

1. Click on Aircraft/Bulk-Add

2. Window pops up containing all aircraft for the selected FS version - assuming FS is installed in the normal manner and AIFP can find it in the registry. If you don't want the standard stable of aircraft, select the Select radio button and navigate to and check the aircraft folders of interest. (AIFP will show you only folders that contain, or potentially contain, aircraft.)

3. Select the ones you want and click Use Selected Aircraft -
    or
    Click Use All

The selected aircraft (or all) should now be in your Aircraft List.

Don
  9. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Don,sorry to tell you but when I click on Aircraft/Bulk-Add, no Window pops up containing all aircraft for the selected FS version, but the windows that pops up reads: No target FS Selected,use the select feature.
    That is why I think that something is wrong and AIFP2 is not reading the files from the registry. Funny because the same folder has the old version and the window with the plane list pops up as soon as I hit the load new plane list.

Another thing that I have noticed: the windows that should contain the airplane reads on the side: Target Version, and underneith, FS9 marked with a black dot and FSX unchecked, for the Airport List. Considering that I do not have FS9 y uncheked it and checked FSX; a window poped up reading: An unwanted Exception has occured, Access to the path C\Program Data\Microsoft\AIFP2\2.0.0.0. is denied?
    Incidently I downloaded the latest version 2.1.10 and all remains the same
  10. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Try running as administrator. That exception is caused by you trying to access something (in this case the named folder) without having sufficient access privileges.

Have you selected a target version?

If FSX has been installed in the standard manner, AIFP will find it. If the standard registry entries have been changed, AIFP may not find it, but in that case you should be given an opportunity to specify the path.

Slow down! What folder? The old version of what. What window with the plane list? There's no control with the title "load new palne list".

Mameni, if I'm going to be able to help you, I've got to know what you are doing and what is the result of each step. Please use the exact name of the control you are using and refer to each window/list by it's name. Otherwise, we're just going to keep going around in circles.

As well, have you done something major to your system recently? I recall you mentioned initially that this problem started when Version 1.6 sudddenly refused to do something it presumably had beeen doing up until that point.

Don
  11. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Hi Don, I can see that I have not been sufficiently clear, so let me start once again:
    1.- No,with v1.6 I have no problem and in fact I am still using it.
    2.- When I mention:" Funny because the same folder has the old version and the window with the plane list pops up as soon as I hit the load new plane list". You ask,what folder am I refering too; and the answer is: I have AIFP on C on a folder called AIFPv1.6. On this folder I downloaded and installed V.2
    Then thought that it might be better to have AIFP2 separate and created a new folder on C called AIFP2.
    3.-"What window with the plane list? There's no control with the title "load new palne list". Let me explain this: when v1.6 is started the first thing that you see is Main Window where you start the whole procedure to create a flight plan. At the top of this windows is the Aircraft tab; if you click on it a new window pops up.On this windows one clicks on Create New Aircraft list and,the next windows pops,(Add Aditional Aircraft) where one selects FS9 or ALL FSX, the Scan Folder lights up,one clicks on it, and AIFP starts to look for the planes. So i mistook the name of the tab on my previous email an named it "load new palne list", instead of Create New Aircraft list . Sorry about that.
    4.- In v2 and at the Main Window, when the aircraft tab is clicked the windows that opens has various options; according to the user manual one should click on Bulk-Add aircraft to list,and this is what I do. Once I click there so that AIFP2 can look for the airplane list and create it, the message No target FS Selected,use the select feature pops up. This windows has an OK which I click on in order to have the next window: The ADD Aditional Aircraft window. At this window I select ALLFSX and the Scan Folder tab on the right corner should light up so as to click on it and AIFP to scan for the airplanes. Well this Scan Folder does not activate or turn bold so the scan for the airplane list does not start.
    Hope that this time you have the correct picture of what's happening and hopefully help me solve the problem
    Thanks once again
  12. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks. Now I can see exactly what you are doing. But, there's one thing more I need to know.

If you run in the administrator mode and select a target FS version before attempting to add the new aircraft, what happens?

DOn
  13. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Don started as Administrator as you recomended and found that on the main window the target was already set and bold marked at FSX. That was a difference that I noted.
    Then went back to my users page,started AIFP v2.1.0.0.0 and noticed that at the target Version FSX was marked, so I said, lets give it a try and clicked Aircraft. Guess what my friend------------ to my surprise the list of planes started to load:cool: so then I created a new flight plan. :) cheked it at FSX, and great,the plane was there and departed at 09.00am as planned! what happend before, I really don't know, but something with the administrator,don't you think?
    When I needed to save the flght plan it initially took me to Libraries/Documents, so I changed this and saved the flight plan in AIFP2/V2.1.0.0..0./works. Went there and found for the flight plan just created the following, that I had not seen on v1.6:
    aircraft_KPSM_KPSM_KC-135_09.00am
    Airport_KPSM_KPSM_KC-135_09.00am
    Flightplan_KPSM_KPSM_KC-135_09.00am
    Compile was OK
    Sorry for all the trouble my friend and I really appreciate your efforts in trying to help me, but I guess that the bottom line might be that computers are machines after all!
  14. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Nah. Dey really be da devil.

Bob
  15. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks for sticking with me, Mameni. Even though it's now working, you shouldn't have had that grief. Strangely, I tried it last night with no target FS version selected and it worked fine. So, it must be some sort of initialization problem on new install.

I'll track it down.

Don
  16. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Don, just checked flight plans created and I have for each flight 4 aircrafts doing the same flight,parked each in its own position, called by the tower, and take off. Evidently I have done something wrong, once more,:mad: can you please tell me what mess have I done this time
    Thanks
  17. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Sounds like duplicate traffic files - assuming the flight plans don't call for this.

However, if you are telling me that AIFP created four flight plans for each entry, I'll need to see the resulting traffic file.

Don
  18. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    OK fine with me. Can you tell me how do I send you the traffic files, guess de ones that I have saved on AIFP work folder?
  19. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    I only want to see the traffic files if you can demonstrate that AIFP is creating the duplicate entries. Unlike AIFP1.6, AIFP2 saves traffic files to the Scenery\World\scenery folder by default and has several naming options So, with all the false starts, it's quite possible you've created duplicate traffic files with slightly-different names.

If you do need to send me a file, e-mail it to me at aifp*at*shaw|dot|ca or attach it to a post.

Don.
  20. Mameni

Mameni

peru
    Don just email you to the given adress. Hope you get it and also hope that the files emailed are the ones you need. Also posted them but this never works for me. Please let me know if you got the email and the post
    The traffic files that I have created for for KVPS_KMAP are the only on world/scenery, and I can confirm you that for each plane, there are 4 additional. Great for the airport traffic, cause it looks really bussy, but not good for the traffic plan made
    Regards
    Last edited: 15/1/11