1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX:SE Airport crashing when trying to open in sim

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by Dvir Ben-David, 8 Nov 2017.

1. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    Hello,
    Recently I started creating small airports with ADE (v01.75.6421). but every time I try to open the airport I created in fsx or p3d it crashes at 6% or 1% when loading.
    I attached the airport bgl.
    btw. I tried to create another airport with ADE but same happens.
    thank you!

I don't know how to attach zip here I uploaded it to another place:
    https://mega.nz/#!SYFEAbgS!I0eUXveU7LlmrxRdYwr8zUdRobIqI3Le2pudFcEhYwQ

Last edited: 8 Nov 2017
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    This is often a consequence of a missing terrain texture file.

Don

3. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    Or orphan parking spots

4. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    I can't open (in photoshop or in the default photos app) the BMP file that come with the compile that need to go into the texture folder. maybe that's the issue..
    even when I use no GP objects and only default fsx staff it crashes.

as I can see all of the parking spots are connected

5. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Attach your saved AD4 file to this thread.

1. At the bottom of this page start typing your response.
    2. Click the Upload a File button, just to the right of the Post Reply button.
    3. Click the Browse button in the middle of the window that opens.
    4. Browse to your ADE/FSX/Projects folder (or wherever you saved your AD4 file).
    5. Click the AD4 file to highlight it.
    6. Click the Open button.
    7. Finish your post and click Post Reply.

Hope this helps,

6. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    Okay I attached the AD4 file, thanks for the explication about how to attach a file here.
    And thanks you for helping.

Attached Files:

7. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Hi,

When I try to compile the AD4 file ADE 1.65 crashes with a report of invalid characters (where, it doesn't say). Jon, I sent you one of those crash logs.

The problem seems to be your ground polygons. If you view the tooltip of any of your ground polygons, the texture is reported as:

gp_PatternedLines_40F|Default

This is not a valid texture name. If you then load one of these ground polygons into the GP Editor, it says this is not an existing texture. I then select the following texture from the drop down box:

gp_PatternedLines_40F

And click OK. I repeated this with every ground polygon.

After this, the airport compiled (again using ADE 1.65) and loaded into FSX just fine.

Hope this helps,

Last edited: 9 Nov 2017
  8. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Don, here's the tooltip showing the |Default in the texture name:

ade_default.jpg

9. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    I installed ADE v01.66.5555 and saw the "|Default" and the compile error.
    after I followed your steps the compile error disappeared but the sim still crashes for a unknown reason (even when I remove the ground polygons, the sim still crashes..).

10. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    I just realized the "|Default" suffix is Jon's way of displaying both texture and material in one column. I have no problem compiling it in any mode. It does, however, seem to cause an issue with FSX. I'll investigate.

Don

11. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Resolved! ADE-GP was compiling in PV3/4 mode, but not for the reasons I suspected.

Please try attached.

Don

Attached Files:

12. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    got an error when replacing the file and trying to compile, this error to be exact: (in ADE v01.66.5555)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ASToFra.Coordinates, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'ASToFra.Coordinates, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

BTW, the problem I have isn't about ground polygons I think, even when I create an airport without ground polygons the sim get stuck.

13. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Not clear why you need that file (since it wasn't needed in the past for ADE-GP). Unfortunately, it is too large to attach to a post.

You can obtain the full 2.2.08 release from http://stuff4fs.com. Navigate to the User Applications/ADE Ground Polys page.

Don

14. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    If you have not already done so, please do not install 2.2.08. Instead, please refer to this thread.

Don

15. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    I think that the problem that I have isn't about Ground Polygons but is about something else, the sim is crashing even if I create an airport without GP.
    just to check if it is a problem with the sim, can you try running the bgl file I attached here ( the sim is crashing when opening this on my pc) this one has no ground polygons.

Attached Files:

16. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Yes, that file crashes my FSX as well. There is something created by those |Default entries that is incorporated into the main ADE BGL file - once I fixed those AND recompiled all the BGL files, this crash went away. Perhaps deleting those GP polgyons does not remove the error embedded in the AD4 file and now you can't fix it anymore.

I would start over again with the default airport, and save backups of your AD4 file at most every step along the way.

17. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    As noted in the thread referenced in my earlier post, this problem has been resolved. (For reasons I won't go into again, when the ADE Compiler encountered one of those "|Default" textures ("Default being the name of the associated FSX material) it compiled the file for P3D 3/4 rather than for FSX. This is the reason for the crash/freeze. A secondary issue is that ADE-GP 2.2.07/8 contained an obsolete reference to ASToFRA.Coordinates.dll but never made use of it - which, depending on the version of ADE in use (1.71/1.75), resulted in an exception being thrown.

Both issues are resolved in ADE-GP 2.2.09, released yesterday and attached for your convenience. Please note, these issues only arise when ADE is in FSX mode.

Don

Attached Files:

18. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    Ok, I installed ADE_GP_2209 created another project with the default airport and only placed some parking spots, taxi ways and aprons. And its still not working.
    I also started creating another airport but its still not working...

19. Pyscen

Pyscen Resource contributor

us-texas
    Hello,...

Could you share both the ad4 file and the bgl file that is crashing,... I am assuming you mean its crashing FSX,... and not ADE? Also,... is the default of the airport (not changed at all) and compiled causing FSX to crash? Maybe, sharing specifics on whats being changed within the default airport will help to determine what is causing the freeze or crash.

20. Dvir Ben-David

Dvir Ben-David

israel
    Yes, its crashing fsx, not ADE. I jest tried to compile the airport not changed and it load into te sim without a problem but the runway (I only compiled the runway because the default airport only has a runway) isn't showing up. but when I go back to the default airport the runway is showing up, weird.

Also, I attached the BGL and AD4 files.

Attached Files: