1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airport grass areas

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by Jessy, 29/7/07.

1. Jessy

Jessy

belgium
    Hi,

don't know if this ahs bene posted yet (haven't found it actually)
    and i wanted to know if it's possible to delete the grass area arround an airport.
    The prblem is that MS made the grass areas in front of and behind the runways a "bit" too long and I want to shorten them. First I tried by just creating a new VTP but that didn't help. The old one kept showing up which isn't what I want.
    Could it be possible I need to edit the original file whith the same number in the file name as the APxxxx.. . bgl file that opens in AFCAD?
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Which version of FS?
  3. Jessy

Jessy

belgium
    FS2004 and maybe in later stage FSx
  4. jvile

jvile

You don't delete the grass around the ends of a runway but you add a VTP poly texture of your choice to the area that you want to replace.

Fiqure out what FS2004 uses up to the Airport grass and then make a poly using that same texture and draw over your grass. I make sure my VTP2 layer is set at 7 in SBuilder before I compile the new poly. Make sure the airport poly you are trying to replace is not one of the airports listed in the Scenery\Cities folder.

To test your new bgl, place it in the Scenery\Generic\scenery folder of FS2004 which will allow FS to prioritize the handling of the layer automactically. Once you know the bgl is working then you can move it to a higher priority scenery level if needed.
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Or create a VTP exclude for the default grass polygon. After it is gone, you can draw your new VTP polygon with the shape that you like.
  6. Mace

Mace

us-missouri
    ...And in FSX you would create a shp2vec polygon to exclude the default airport grass, and follow that with a new poly of the dimensions you desire.
  7. Jessy

Jessy

belgium
    Okay,

thx, got i working now