1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airport subsetting

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by scott967, 21/4/09.

1. scott967

scott967

us-hawaii
    I want to delete all plans using a certain airport. I opened the traffic.bgl file and then went to menu "Flight Plans -> Subset" which launched a window "Flight Plan Subset" I select "Base subset on Airports" which launches as "Airport Subset" window and select the airport, then click "Continue", but then get a popup "No files/folders found". Any help on what is causing this?

scott s.
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Had that traffic file been generated by AIFP or something else? For performance reasons, AIFP strips out unused airports - but AIFPC, TTools, etc. don't.

So, if the traffic file wasn't generated by AIFP, it may well have contained airports that weren't used in any flight plans. That makes question 1 "was the airport you selected actually used in a flight plan?".

If the answer is yes, please send me the traffic file and the airport you selected.

Don
  3. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Don

I can confirm something about this routine does not work.

Open traffic bgl generated by AIFP that contains stock and addon airports/Flightplans/Subset/Base subset on "Airports"/select airport xxxx/Make subset "Exclusive"/Continue/Confirm legs for xxxx will be removed/yes to next 2 popups/not sure of next step. Red ####s by FP and Aircraft lists would indicate that I need to save file set. However, when I do that with a new name and open the new FP text, the legs that I thought were removed are stil there.

Bob
  4. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks, Bob. I'll take a look.

DOn
  5. scott967

scott967

us-hawaii
    I was working with the default trafficAircraft.bgl and any/all airports.

scott s.
  6. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    The problem was a side effect of a change I made in the previous release. Subsetting should work properly in Version 1.6.15, just uploaded.

Don
  7. scott967

scott967

us-hawaii
    I did some testing using again the default trafficAircraft.bgl. Again I opened the traffic.bgl and then the flight plans subset with subset based on Airports. I get the country/city/airport tree-based list of airports popup and select the airports of interest, then "continue". Again I get the "no files/folders found" popup, but this time I kept working. After setting the "make subset" exclusive button, and "continue" it worked. so it appears that the list of airports checked for the subsetting is being correctly created, just there is no evidence of that and that alert popup is generated. I figured this out when I selected "order list by ICAO" instead of "country" and the list of airports was created in the subset window, with all the airports I had earlier selected being highlighted.

So it appears what the problem is (from my perspective) 1. that when you select airports by country, AIFP generates the "no files/folders found" popup with no explanation, and 2. when you select airports by country, there is no evidence that the airports have been selected, until you change the "order list by" to ICAO.

scott s.
  8. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    I can reproduce the No files/folders found situation, so it should be easy to find. But, as you discovered, if you ignore that message, the flight plans using the airport(s) you selected now are deleted (for exclusive subset). (That's the bug I fixed last night.)

Had I re-read your initial report, I would have realized there was a second bug "lurking".

I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Don
  9. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    The problem has been fixed and a new version uploaded.

The error message was extraneous and should not have been issued for airport trees. The current set of airports in country order are now displayed after the treeview selector is closed. Hopefully, this addresses all the remianing issues with subsetting.

Don