1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airwolf Weapons Model Preview

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Archangel Productions, 17/3/09.

1. Archangel Productions

Archangel Productions

us-rhodeisland
    I have to retool the ammo tray To me, it just did not look right... The guns are the smaller machine guns that I have done so far on the Airwolf helicopter with out all the final body assemblies. You know, the two above the 30mm cannon.

Not bad for a first work, I hope - hope everyone else likes them so far. Thought I'd show what a Newbee to GMAX is able to do with your help here in the forums, and it's appreciated! :D

[​IMG]

Comments are welcome, and again, thanks for everyone's help who gave me pointers! :D.

John Thuot II
    Archangel Productions
    Team Lead/Founder/CEO
    http://www.captainjohnfsx.net
    Last edited: 17/3/09
  2. kdryan

kdryan

us-indiana
    John, a couple of things to keep in mind here...

If it's not going to be seen, such as the receivers and ammo rails on the guns, don't bother modeling it. It just adds polys to the project and you probably want to strive to keep them as low as possible. Also, make sure you delete any back side polys. Again, if you're not going to see them, you don't want them there.

Also, you might want to model as low poly, then smooth it later. Smoothing adds a lot of polys to the model, and if you try to model the guns as perfect duplicates now, then later on you'll end up adding extra later.

I think... Usually when I try to give advice on this, I am corrected (and rightfully so). :)
  3. Archangel Productions

Archangel Productions

us-rhodeisland
    Thanks for the advice on this! I appreciate it.

These guns and parts that are modeled will be seen unfortunately, which means more Polys as you said. Basically, in normal flight mode, the weapons are retracted and when the helicopter enters combat mode, then the guns slide out, and all is visible in the references that I use.

I will try to make it as low as possible, because naturally, I want something that will work on EVERYONE'S system, not just those of us who own super computers.

Thanks for the tips - I'll keep them in mind, and your work is coming out quite nicely too! :D

John Thuot II
    Archangel Productions
    Team Lead/Founder/CEO