1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altitude change in SDE

Discussion in 'ScruffyDuck Software Tools (Not ADE)' started by jvile, 9/12/07.

1. jvile

jvile

Jon

When ever TestApp (GUI) version 0.81 decompiles a stock airport with Approach code in the GPS, RNAV, etc legtypes it is inadvertantly changing the altitude2 to Altitude2 (capital letter see code below

<Leg
    type="TF"
    fixType="TERMINAL_WAYPOINT"
    fixRegion="EH"
    fixIdent="EH635"
    recommendedType="TERMINAL_WAYPOINT"
    recommendedIdent="EH635"
    magneticCourse="5.3"
    altitudeDescriptor="+"
    altitude1="609.6M"
    Altitude2="384.048M"

Altitude2= must always be lower case "a"

Just do a search in any stock FSX bgl that has approach code after decompiling with TestApp (GUI) version 0.81 and you will find all the Upper case "A" 's in the attribute Altitude2=
    Last edited: 9/12/07
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Thanks Jim

I will take a look at this
  3. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Unfortunately I am unable to provide a fix at the moment. As you know I am away from my main computer until January. The source that I have with me for SDE is not the latest so I cannot supply and update.

What I can say, having checked the code I do have, is that this affects only TF. All other approach types should be fine.

I will provide a proper update in January.

In the meantime my only suggestion is that the xml concerned would need to be hand corrected.
  4. jvile

jvile

Yes that is correct. I did not go into detail on which legtypes was being affected because I knew you would be able to see it. All the other element/attributes passed through the schema just fine. I tested SDE on my EHAM approach code which probably has every single legtype written with all the airport Facility Data, exclusions, scenery and GUIDS.

No problem with the Jan date. I did not know if you carried the SDE code with you. Want mine? :D:D
    Last edited: 9/12/07