1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I missing something

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by rightnumberone, 27/12/07.

1. rightnumberone

rightnumberone

us-massachusetts
    Hey Scruff,

Trying to do something really simple: Just move the tower view at KBOS to its correct location.

So, here's what I did ... please tell me if I missed something:

1) Opened the default airport
    2) Moved the tower
    3) Saved the changed airport
    4) Compiled the changed airport
    5) Placed he newly compiled .bgl file in \addon scenery folder of FSX
    6) Started FSX

I expected to see FSX rebuild its scenery indexes? It did not.

I expected the tower view to have moved (I moved it significantly, so would notice if it was using the newly compiled airport).

Am I missing a step?
  2. meshman

meshman

withdrawn.
    Last edited: 29/6/09
  3. jvile

jvile

In some cases the bgl gets compiled but when placed FSX does not reindex automactically. This also occurs if FSX is running at the time the bgl gets added. Also make sure your Addon Scenery\scenery folder is Active (checkmark) in the scenery Library.

You may have to recompile the saved airport and place once again in the Addon scenery folder (FSX not running).

Also keep in mind that when you drag the Tower symbol on the Grid you are actually moving the visual Control Tower model and not just the eyepoint of the Tower.
  4. rightnumberone

rightnumberone

us-massachusetts
    Thanks Jim,

I did a couple of things ... not sure what caused it to suddenly work.

Added \Addon Scenery\KBOS\scenery
    Specifically added this folder in FSX Scenery and pushed it to the top. (This forced a rebuild of the scenery database.)

Thanks.
    Kevin

(PS: From my reading of the manual, and now from my personal experience ... moving the T symbol doesn't affect the scenery of the tower structure. It ONLY moves the camera.)
    Last edited: 28/12/07
  5. jvile

jvile

Kevin

You can do that but only as a test until you find why the Addon scenery\scenery folder is not recognized.

Food for thought

Some of us have thousand's of enhanced airports added to FS9 and now working toward FSX. Can you imagine how many added scenery folders you would have to activate and process on startup if we made a special ICAO folder for each airport that only has a single bgl?

Glad you did get it working though

Thanks for that info. I will have to do some retesting because I see the ObjectScenery moving also with the eyepoint.
    Last edited: 28/12/07
  6. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    It will only move both if the scenery object is nested inside the <Tower> element otherwise the two are separate entities