1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animation and Gmax

Discussion in 'GMax and 3DS Max' started by vvt55, 12/11/04.

1. vvt55

vvt55

italy
    Hi to all.
    Probably this is a question already asked in the forum.

I have a problem to animate a door of my hangar.
    What i want is to open different part of the door ( small and bigger ) with two different event, but at the same time the parts of the door must be moved togheter.

Practically the door have a part ( small ) that remain open when the aircraft is inside ( the cone with the vertical tail of the aircraft remain outside of the hangar) ,but the bigger one is closed.

Of course when the aircraft is out the two door will be opened or closed.

Thanks for your help.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Renato,

That is a very interesting question.

But I do not think there is any tool that can give this result right away, you will always have to do some source code tweaking yourself I think.

With CAT for example you can trigger your doors, but the reverse animation will always be a complete closure. To use a different closure animation depending on the position of the aircraft would require some manual tweaking.
  3. nickw

nickw Administrator Staff Member

ireland
    Or this could be done with two different frequencies no?
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I don't even think two frequencies will work, as CAT will always show the reverse of the animation as closing animation. So if the closing animation should be different (it should not close completely), then you will have to tweak it manual.
  5. vvt55

vvt55

italy
    Thanks a lot.It is not a good news :( . I will try to solve in other way or to open the doors in one solution.

CIao