1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animation Issue?

Discussion in 'Static Aircraft Model Maker' started by tyrant, 18/2/11.

1. tyrant

tyrant

southafrica
    Hi guys

First off, great little program, i'd like to thank you in advance for many late late nights;)

However, first project, first problem. I'm tryint to convert Everts' DC6B from the Cal Classic AI versions, and I cant get rid of the damn airstairs at the rear entry/exit door. the only animations available under custom are gear animations, all of which i tried but with no joy.

When i clicked the listings and tools box I got a whole bunch of popup txt windows which looked as if they were harboring my problem somewhere, but that is waaaaaaaay above my paygrade :confused:

Any tips / help?

Regards

Jason
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Jason, the animations directly controllable via radiobuttons on the dialog are only the ones that get used in the majority of models. Next step is to select custom animations (which allows you to turn on/off each animation in the model individually) and try to islolate which animation controls the airstairs. If you're lucky, there will be only one involved and it won't control anything else (that you need).

If that doesn't work, the next step involves moving to a higher pay-grade and looking at parameters - or choose another model.

Don
  3. tyrant

tyrant

southafrica
    Hi Don

I tried this already, and no joy:(

I'm guessing though, that as the stairs need to dissapear before taxi, the stairs are somehow connected to the lights. But when all those parameters come up, I dont have a clue. :confused:
  4. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    I guess it's now a matter of how badly you want that model and how much effort you are prepared to spend getting it.

Static AI (AI that takes of once a week and returns to the same airport and has dedicated parking) is another alternative.

Don
  5. tyrant

tyrant

southafrica
    Would rather not. It's a boneyard idea i'm working on.