1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animations

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by arno, 29/1/09.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi guys,

While in Germany for work I was able to work a bit on this tool in the evening as well. I almost got the import of animations from SCASM files working. Initially the ones that use the TransformCall command with a timer. But if you can help me with some samples, I can also add other kind of animations later of course.

I don't think I'll have the time to finish and commit those improvements tonight, so you'll have to wait another day to try them. But I just wanted to report this progress...
  2. arno

netherlands
    I have submitted my animation changes now and put a new build on the server. So please feel free to try the SCASM animations. As I said only the TransformCall animations are supported now, for others please give me samples :).

Also I should say there is still a problem in the preview, currently part of the animation goes in the wrong direction. In FS things are OK though, so I have to look at my quaternion code a bit more.
  3. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

I have attached api file for a Marshaller hoping you might be able to do something from it.

Iain

Attached Files:

4. arno

netherlands
    Hi Iain,

The part of that macro that depends on the position of the object relative to the user aircraft is (almost) impossible to convert to a FSX MDL file.

The part that is like a cartoon, showing a different texture or polygon based on a timer would be possible a bit more, although that kind of animations are not supported by the tool at the moment.

So probably not in the short run for this object. What are your expectations of converting it?
  5. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

I don't have expectations, I await your responses to tell me whether I should have any.

Iain
  6. arno

netherlands
    OK :).

For this object I don't think I can convert it soon. But I added it to the list of test objects for future development.
  7. gsnde

gsnde

germany
    You called for it, Arno :p

Is this an almost like in "everything is possible, but I have not the faintest idea how this must be done" or more in the sense of "a very complicated thing to accomplish, but I have one or two ideas in the back of my mind"?
  8. arno

netherlands
    Hi Martin,

It is something that is not supported by the SDK, so officially not possible. But I won't give up and am still thinking for alternatives. I did not find them yet though...