1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

API tweak

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by juanduran, 6/6/06.

1. juanduran

juanduran

Hello all , I `d like to tweak a 3rd party api macro that I`ve downloaded , the thing is I don`t remotely know how , I just want to have some flashing lights off the API , do I have to open notepad ...then what !!!!
    if smone knows thanks in advance
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Do you want to remove the lights? In that case I would look for the Light command (if that is there in the API, older macros might also use the Dot command). You can comment out a line by placing a ; in front, so then you can test if you removed the correct command.
  3. juanduran

juanduran

Thanks for replying Arno , by the way many thanks for the autogen apis convertion, they were extremely useful ( and all the utilities u made ) ,those autogen man, they still rock !

Now, this API , the thing is should I use SCASM.exe ? it makes a bgl and I dont want that , now...I change the code line, OK then how do I make the api so I can open it with Airport ? Airport-readable ,when I change the code they have the .txt extension , I changed it to .api but didnt work , now what step am I missing out
    It may sound very basic for programmers , I really don`t know how to code

also, is there any way to ``load`` with EOD , a macro made with EOD ?
    it would be better to tweak it there

any ideas thanxs
  4. adr179

adr179

slovenia
    First of all, You don't need to change the file extension. Right click on the *.api file and then use open, wins will ask You what to do - choose select a program from the list and choose Notepad.exe.

Secondly- I don't bielieve the EOD has the capability of opening the *.api, so
    this is not a solution for You.

If Your *.api cannot be selected in any scenery design tool or won't show up in the screen(Airport for windows, FSSC) check the begining of the code for this lines:

;MACRODESC "some text that describes the macro"
    ;DEFAULTSCALE 0.10
    ;DEFAULTPARAMS "definition of textures here", , , , , , , ,
    ;PARAMDESCR Wall texture, Outer front-back wall tex, Inner front-back wall tex, , , , , , , ,
    ;DEFAULTRANGE 3000
    ;DEFAULTDENSITY VERY SPARSE
    ;TEXTURES "another definition of textures here"
    ;DESIGNSHAPELINES -120, -100, -120, 100, -120, 100, 120, 100, 120, 100, 120, -100, 120, -100, -120, -100,
    ;=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    ;VODDATA Latitude Longitude Range Scale Rotation Wall_texture Outer_front_texture Inner_front_texture Not_used Visibility Altitude Scenery_complexity(0-5) Not_used Not_used

Hope this helps . . .
  5. juanduran

juanduran

thanks for replaying Adr, obviously I did something wrong, I will check that tonight , thanks !!!!!