• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Autogen trees have reduced in number

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello Arno,

Just recently have noticed that my autogen trees have virtually disappeared over my VFR photoscenery of the UK and France, buildings and other structures are fine.

When I reviewed the Prepar3D.cfg I found that this had altered:_

[SCENERY]
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=1500.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=0.000000
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3

On comparing the Prepar3D.cfg with my backup I found this entered:_

[SCENERY]
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=9500.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=2500.000000
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3

So I modified the .cfg to read as above, did a test flight and still have a limited amount of autogen trees appearing. on checking the .cfg file again the [SCENERY] entries had changed back to this again:-
[SCENERY]
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=1500.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=0.000000
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3

What is altering my .cfg every time I load a flight??

Using P3D v2.5 VFRPhotoscenery for UK, UK2000 airports, SLX to load, AutogenConfiguratorMerger was installed some months back when I had no trees appearing in VFRFrance scenery installed.I've checked the ACM log and have found no errors there.

Computer specs:-
Intel i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz Sandy Bridge
MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard
8GB DDR3 Ram
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
500GB Hybrid SSD Hard drive (main), secondary 500GB HDD, third backup 320 GB HDD plus external SDD of 500GB
OCZ 750 watt PSU
Coolmaster DM-690 case
Logitech Mk260 wireless keyboard and mouse
Windows 10 Home 64bit
FSUIPC4 v4.957 and Nvidia driver 372.90

Nigel

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

ACM doesn't modify cfg files, it only merges autogen configuration files. And only sceneries that have been designed to work with the tool will be merged. So did you modify the sceneries you mentioned to work with ACM?

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello Arno

Thanks for replying and no I didn't modify any of the above scenery files prior to this problem occurring but I've cured it by upgrading to P3D v3.4.

I did download some tree autogen scenery for use with MegaSceneryEarth Netherlands some time before this problem but it turned the Netherland Photoscenery into something like the Amazon rain forest so i deleted it! Cannot say exactly when this change in .cfg entries began.

Anyway, the problem is cured by going to v3.4.

Nigel