1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BAT file for renaming texture names

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Scarp, 1/12/09.

1. Scarp

Scarp

Hi

I'm using a modified texture for norwegian markings on the rwy. Problem is, it changes all other standard rwy markings too.

I am probably gonna be laughed at for this, but can anyone write a bat file for me that could switch between the modified one and the original?

The texture in question is the Runway_marks.dds , found in the FSX/Texture folder.

Thanks in Advance :)
  2. Scarp

Scarp

Scratch that, obviously it wont work renaming textures in the same folder.
    So, let me rephrase the original request, I would need a batch file that could copy files.

I'm thinking, 2 seperate folders, one containing the original file and one containing the modified file. Let's call the folders white and yellow, since the origial file has white markings and the modified markings are yellow.

The idea is then to have 2? batch files to copy from those two folders depending on which color marking one wants...or needs.

I've tried making some batchfiles, but have not been successful yet :p
    I'd appreciate all help in this regard, it probably is simple, but obviously not for me :(
  3. EdrickV

EdrickV

Original.bat
    copy Original\Runway_marks.dds Runway_marks.dds

Norwegian.bat
    copy Norwegian\Runway_marks.dds Runway_marks.dds

The simple way to do it. A fancier way would likely use renaming and only need one batch file to swap between them.

Edit: Note that the batch file would have to be in the texture folder this way. You could make a shortcut to it and put that elsewhere, or add more path stuff. (Say using full paths, using cd before the copy command, or using relative paths.)
    Last edited: 2/12/09
  4. Scarp

Scarp

So in essence, I create 2 folders in the textures folder, one named "original" and the other "Norwegian"?

Then I create 2 bat files:

and

And these 2 should reside in the textures folder

and ofcourse name them appropriatly, creating shortcuts and all, and then I should be good to go?

Just a addon question, is it so that the bat file copies to the folder it resides in?
    When I was trying to make them (the ones I was struggeling with) I put in destination for the copy too...could be that that was why I couldn't make it work?

EDIT: I tried, and it worked like a charm, thank you so much for your help :)
    Last edited: 2/12/09