• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Bear Island v2 (Redux)

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
What do you need SODE for in this case??? Florida seasons are hardly existant.
Either you are an artist in making screenshots and either you have an extremely powerful PC or, you none of those.
I am working on the Oasis Ranger Station but I think I'd better forget about it when I see your pics:(.
Great work!

SODE is used for all the dynamic features such as: time/season sensitive ambient sounds, rain puddles, the frog who only likes rain, and the windsock.

Why get discouraged? Every developer starts from someplace. Check out the original Bear Island scenery in the OP or Atmore Mun on my website. Thats how I use to develop. Nothing special whatsoever. You've just got to do the digging and put in the work. Eventually you can learn how to do pretty much everything I have in the photos. :)

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
I wasn't happy with the 3D grass I had covering the runway, so I decided to swap it out for something that would show up a little better. The grass is still cross-plain, but it looks a lot better than the previous IMO.

I'm starting to get the installers together. I want to do a little testing in FSX:SE before we head to Beta, but I'm hoping to get things rolling by Monday or Tuesday. Maybe sooner if things go smoothly.

bearisland_newrwgrass.jpg

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Impressive work Chris!!
And glad to see another Configurator in action :)

Thank you! It's been a fun project, and more importantly, its opened the door to another project idea. I really appreciate that you have opened your configurator up to the dev community. Coming from someone who knows nothing of C++ "programming," I can't begin to tell you how much easier it makes my life. So, thanks for that! I soon hope to throw some business your way and include it in a few payware projects.

An idea: I'm not sure if this is already something you have included in your paid version, honestly I haven't looked, but it would be cool if you could find a way to allow the developer to change the color scheme of the configurator to match that of their own. Maybe limit it to the paid version? Its just a thought. I know nothing of C++ or hardcore programming, so I'm not even sure if my idea is feasable, but it seems like something that could be done utilizing the XML. :)

Awesome scenery!!!!
Thank you! Thank you very much! *Insert Elvis emoji*

For those who haven't looked back on the OP, this scenery is now in open beta! :cool:
http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bear-island-v2-open-beta-fsx-p3dv2-p3dv3.440086/

Last edited:
Country
germany
You're welcome Christopher and thanks for the suggestion!
In the current version (just released) it is possible to switch between Light and Dark theme.
Furthermore you can switch seasons by texture copying which is the easiest way I guess without
requiring a module.
In a future version I'll also include the possibility to switch between color themes (currently orange in the Lite
version and blue in the Pro version).
All the best for your project!

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida

Attachments

• ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_08.jpg
    ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_08.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 415
  • ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_09.jpg
    ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_09.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 361
  • ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_10.jpg
    ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_10.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 408
  • ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_11.jpg
    ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_11.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 389
  • ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_12.jpg
    ESD_BearIslandv2_Florida_12.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 420

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida

Attachments

• bearislandv21_1.jpg
    bearislandv21_1.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 364
  • bearislandv21_2.jpg
    bearislandv21_2.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 350
  • bearislandv21_3.jpg
    bearislandv21_3.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 362
  • bearislandv21_4.jpg
    bearislandv21_4.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 383
  • bearislandv21_5.jpg
    bearislandv21_5.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 376
  • bearislandv21_6.jpg
    bearislandv21_6.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 399
  • bearislandv21_7.jpg
    bearislandv21_7.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 389
  • bearislandv21_8.jpg
    bearislandv21_8.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 454
  • bearislandv21_9.jpg
    bearislandv21_9.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 420

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
I was flying into Bear Island today and decided to stop by the hanger.

Someone stole the back seat out of my Super Cub! :eek:

It seems I forgot to add the newer Library Objects BGL to the installer directory before I compiled the v2.1 update. I have fixed it now and will be releasing a patch in the near future. (Likely sometime after the Solomon Islands update on the 1st)