• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FS2004 Bell 407 V2.0

Hello lads

I have been working with the open source Bell 407 designed by Alan Devins and Rory Kelly (R.I.P.). Hopefully she will see the light in a few months.

Mostly, I've spent most of the time improving the base mesh and slowly adding more details. So far, I think I did a decent job on new textures (based on Sundowner's texture templates). Also, I received a super nice gift from my dear brother George Arana with all 407's technical data.

Let's see If I can manage... ;)

Well, a few pictures:
407_fuselage_01.jpg

407_fuselage_02.jpg

407_fuselage_03.jpg

407_fuselage_04.jpg

407_fuselage_05.jpg

Some more to come...
Sergio.
;)

Thanks Robert! A lot of work ahead but I am begining to love her :D

I realized that something is wrong with the caution lights... just don't like the glow amount. I will post more pics in this regard, any thought would be very welcome!

Goodbye and take care my friend.
Sergio.

Yeap... those red caution lights were wrong. Next image gave me an idea.

Reference
Caution_light_sample.jpg

Now with some changes made; perhaps this should look better but still it is not exactly what I am looking for:
407_dashboard_06.jpg

Better luck next time... :confused:

Wow, VERY nice, Sergio. Great detail, too - the Bear Paws, the camera gimbal -- she looks like a well kitted-out helicopter! Speaking of which -- Is that both a Trakkbeam and a Night Sun searchlight!? These guys are going to be throwing a lot of light on the ground! :cool: ha! Gosh, I really hope this makes its way over to FSX/P3D some day.

Is that both a Trakkbeam and a Night Sun searchlight!? These guys are going to be throwing a lot of light on the ground!
Hi Trevor
LOL, nope! those pics were taken with some of aditional equipment that I toke borrowed from the 429. On the other hand, the nose gimbal was reworked to fit a little bit better. The old one, looked uhh... funny??? :duck: :duck: :duck:

Thanks a lot lads,
This thing will go slowly...
Sergio.