1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BGL fsx..

Discussion in 'BGLComp XML, AFCAD, SceneGenX' started by SKIDZ, 18/12/11.

1. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environmen
    t Kit\BGL Compiler SDK>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight
    Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK\BglComp.exe"world7.xml
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environmen
    t Kit\BGL Compiler SDK> (this is just the new line they gave me to try again) Btw my bglcomp.exe file is in my fsx sdk folder
  2. ollyau

ollyau Resource contributor

us-california
    You need the entire path to your file. Not only the file name and extension.
  3. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight
    Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Ki
    t Kit\BGL Compiler SDK>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight
    The system cannot find the path specified.

t Kit\BGL Compiler SDK>Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK\BglC
    omp.exe"\My Computer\Desktop\world7.xml
    'Simulator' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Note i went and ran really quickly in run box (Bglcomp.exe) system could not find it ..so does that mean my accel disk did not put it on my system:confused: or what?
  4. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    here it is folks university med center, see if you can convert it or not lol dont forget to send it back if its works hahaha it looks awesome in fsx preview praying it converts :D

Attached Files:

5. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    The xml file was compiled perfectly, so must be something wrong with the installation, I use the drag and drop process :cool:
  6. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    This is what I get when compiling your file:
    Last edited: 4/2/12
  7. JRobinson

JRobinson

unitedstates
    Yep, worked for me too, are you sure you don't have a "world7.bgl" in the same folder you got the .xml out of?

Nice job on the hospital, BTW.

Jim

EDIT: Attached the .bgl

Attached Files:

Last edited: 19/12/11
  8. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    Hint: compose your command in Notepad, copy & paste the paths and filenames as needed. When you have the command correct in Notepad, copy it and right click>paste at the command prompt. That saves a lot of typing and eliminates some typo errors!

Jim[/QUOTE]

It's a good hint, it's how I work with those commands, if not would be crazy :(
  9. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    thanks all for the help and support, i am going to be content with this one thing i created for now ...i honestly don t get path's or any of the other technicality involved in scenery design i hope you guys like it..as for me hopefully one day microsoft will release an sdk for dummies haha i think... i may have stepped out my league..just a lil this whole bglcomp madness has givin me heart palpetations
    Maybe one day i will be able to compile my own..Merry Christmas :eek:
  10. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Skidz

What tool did you use to make your XML? Can it output in a format that ModelConverterX(available on this forum) can use? It doesn't have to be real difficult to get objects into FS.

Bob
  11. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Honestly, I'll never understand why MS insists on using such rediculously LONG path names, and then provides only command prompt tools... :rolleyes:

That is precisely WHY I always install to simple paths:

D:\FSX
    D:\FSX_SDK
  12. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    i used the object placement tool in fsx tool box....yea all that path junk is pretty confusing if you dont know what you are doing..like me..:p
  13. JRobinson

JRobinson

unitedstates
    Paths are just folders inside of folders, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games" begins on drive C:\ which is your hard drive, think of it as a folder. Inside the C:\ "folder" you'll find another folder named "Program Files (x86)" and inside that folder you'll find a "Microsoft Games" folder. If you navigate to a particular folder in Windows Explorer (like the one that contains bglcomp.exe) all you need to do to get the path is click in the address bar and copy the path.

Don't give up, your hospital placement was quite nice, and you can find solutions to any problems you have right here. You might have a look at "Instant Scenery 2" for placing objects though. I've never used the built-in scenery placement tool, but with Instant Scenery 2 there's no compiling involved, you just place your objects and when you start the sim next time, the objects will be there.

Payware, but worth the money in my opinion:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=instscen2

Jim
  14. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    thanks for the kind words regarding the scenery, i would like to develop a working relationship with one of you , just until i learn how myself, i make the scenery and maybe you convert for me...i appreciate the guidance.:cool:
  15. mgh

mgh

unitedkingdom
    The following snippet puts a wrapper round compiling an .xml file to .bgl. It's written in Borland C++ Builder 4 but the key statement shown in red is a Windows API call. Statements before that are building the command sting for system(): lines after are displaying the results of the compliation. Change those to suit your favourite C/C++ compiler, and call a file open dialog to get the .xml file name.

bglcomp.exe and bglcomp.xsd should be in the same folder as your application.

Code:
    AnsiString s = "bglcomp.exe";
    AnsiString Command;

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]// Build command string for system call
    // XMLfileName is AnsiString ccontaining full path and name of .xml file 
    // bglcomp.exe compilation report is written to disk file bgl.txt[/COLOR]
    Command = "bglcomp.exe \"" + XMLFileName + "\" > bgl.txt";

[COLOR="royalblue"]// Run bglcomp - c_str() converts AnsiString to zero-terminated C string [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]system(Command.c_str());[/COLOR]

[COLOR="royalblue"]// Display compilation result in TMemo memCompile
    // Clear memCompile[/COLOR]
    memCompile->Lines->Clear();
    [COLOR="royalblue"]
    // Read and display bgl.txt in memCompile[/COLOR]
    memCompile-> Lines->LoadFromFile("bgl.txt");  

[COLOR="royalblue"]// Delete file bgl.txt[/COLOR]
    [B]if[/B] (FileExists("bgl.txt"))
        {
        DeleteFile("bgl.txt");
        } 
    Last edited: 20/12/11
  16. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    :D okay this is my expansion to my original project was wondering someone could hook me up with one more xml-bgl convert..;) Do share...

Attached Files:

17. ollyau

ollyau Resource contributor

us-california
    http://www.mediafire.com/?459p6712la15pjo

But really, all it should take is dragging your XML file and dropping it on BglComp.exe. That's all I did, anyways.
  18. SKIDZ

SKIDZ

us-california
    i trrrrrrryyyyyyyyeeeeeeed bro, that dragging effect does not work for me at all. maye there is a path error idk....i just know i am going to keep trying Unitil i get it, this scenery is just some thing to keep me occupied until i figure it out.:p In any case thank you////
  19. mgh

mgh

unitedkingdom
    Try this application. Download it into a folder that contains bglcomp.exe and bglcomp.xsd - both from the BGL Compiler SDK. The .bgl is created in the same folder as the .xml.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 22/12/11
  20. JRobinson

JRobinson

unitedstates
    Hi Gerry, I'm getting this error with your xml2bgl app:

Win7 pro 64, what am I missing? Also what does a person use to compile the script you posted?

I've got "Visual C++ 6.0 run-time components" (vc6redistsetup_enu.exe) and "Visual Studio .NET 2003" (dotnetfx.exe, VS7.1sp1-KB918007-X86.exe, VS7.1sp1-KB958393-X86.exe) on a backup disk that I downloaded a while back but couldn't figure out what to do with. Am I in the ballpark?

Jim