1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BGL fsx..

Discussion in 'BGLComp XML, AFCAD, SceneGenX' started by SKIDZ, 18/12/11.

1. mmann

mmann

ca-britishcolumbia
    For those that drag and drop, bear in mind which file manager program you are using. If you are using something other than Windows Explorer, this can at times create a problem. I use Directory Opus and when I sometimes have problems with drag and drop I just try it in Windows Explorer and that usually cures the problem.
  2. mgh

mgh

unitedkingdom
    Let me check and I'll report back.

EDIT

Is it Vcl40.bpi or Vcl40.bpl that is reported missing?
    Last edited: 23/12/11
  3. JRobinson

JRobinson

unitedstates
    It's Vcl40.bpl according to the warning alert (I copied & pasted previously).

Jim
  4. mgh

mgh

unitedkingdom
    Ok. Try this version. for the problem, but I don't have a "vanilla" PC on which to test applications.

Attached Files:

5. JRobinson

JRobinson

unitedstates
    That one runs Gerry, but I didn't get a .bgl out of it. I made an unusually named .xml and then did a full system search for the unusually named .bgl but didn't find it. The DOS window does pop open briefly, but it's too quick to read what's happening. The .xml does compile normally when dropped onto bglcomp, BTW.

EDIT: I managed to capture the DOS window in a screenshot, it says: "bglcomp.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file." I have xml2bgl1.exe in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK" folder alongside bglcomp.exe. I also tried moving bglcomp.exe, bglcomp.xsd, and xml2bgl1.exe to a folder on another drive but got the same error. Is it looking for bglcomp.exe in another folder, like up one level, or maybe in a subfolder?

EDIT again: SKIDZ may possibly have a problem with his MSXML4 installation, I think I've seen this before where dropping the xml onto bglcomp won't produce a .bgl and if I remember correctly the problem was a messed up installation of the MSXML core files. SKIDZ if you're still following this thread why don't you try reinstalling MSXML4

link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15697

Jim
    Last edited: 23/12/11
  6. Gypsy Baron

Gypsy Baron

us-california
    Try not using the drag & drop.

I would try opening a command window, change to the directory containing the exe file and also have the xml file in that directory. Then use the ommand line input to specify the exe and the xml source.

Any messages will remain for you to see.

Paul
  7. mgh

mgh

unitedkingdom
    I will check again after Christmas. It runs fine on my PC.

EDIT

Does it work if all 4 files are in the same folder?

xml2bgl1.exe
    bglcomp.exe
    bglcomp.xsd
    xxxxxxxxx.xml
    Last edited: 27/12/11
  8. mgh

mgh

unitedkingdom
    Try this version. I now properly understand how the system() API works! The application called (in this case bglcomp.exe) must be in the current directory or in one of the directories listed in the PATH string in the environment. Opening an .xml file in another directory, makes that the current directory. I save the current directory name on starting xml2bgl and then restore it after opening the the .xml file.

Attached Files:

9. JRobinson

JRobinson

unitedstates
    That one works Gerry, and in answer to your question the 2nd version works also if the .xml is in the same folder. Cool :cool:

Jim
  10. jvile

jvile

I use the error txt file that the compiler will show.

Make a simple directory off the root such as

C:\temp

Copy the BGLcomp.exe and the bglcomp.xsd from the SDK to this folder. That is all you need.

Place your .xml into this C:\temp folder

Run your command prompt window and type the following

xxxx.xml is the name of your xml file

If the compiler found errors you now have a error.txt file in your C:\temp folder. Open with notepad and read it.

You can also set up a simple batch file for each of the compilers for FS9 and FSX, For FSX my bat file is in the Windows folder as 1.bat and reads