1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blender Export Error

Discussion in 'Blender' started by Squatch, 13 Sep 2017.

1. Squatch

Squatch

Hello guys,

So I am in the process of working on a SU-34 for FSX and working in blender I had no issues. For some reason last night when I went to export I got an error that says NoneType object has no attribute 'fsxm_vcpaneltex'. I have no idea why this error is happening and how to fix it.

2. Ronald

Ronald Resource contributor

Which Blender version and Blender2FSX version are you using?
    Do all your Blender model objects have an texture assigned to it?
    Did you happen to move / delete a texture image file (outside Blender) on your computer?

3. krispy1001

krispy1001 Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Going by that error it looks like you have an object checked as being used as a VC texture. Go through your objects and find the object that has in the Aircraft Material Params "Is virtual cockpit panel text" and uncheck it and see if that fixes your issue.

Thanks, Kris

4. Squatch

Squatch

So Kris I went through and checked all my objects, and none of them have the "Is virtual cockpit panel text" checked, that's why I'm confused about where the error is coming from. I am using Blender 2.78 with the newest version of the Toolset

5. krispy1001

krispy1001 Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Hi Squatch!

Is it a Blender file you could send me so that I can see what maybe the problem? If not, then what you need to start doing is to start selecting an object at a time and see if it exports without the error. By doing this you will find the object that is causing the problem.

Thanks, Kris

6. palacio802

palacio802

spain
    What I do to be faster, is first select from the parts list the first half and export selected. If it exports, then the problem is in the second halfe. From this second
    half I select the first half... and so on.

To see if some part has the vcpaneltex material or texture is also a hard work. Remember that a part can take more than one material. What I do is
    to create a cube. Then I assign to it the material or texture. After this I use select/linked material or texture. And then select invert and hide. This
    will leave visible only the parts with the material or texture searched, and it's easy to see what is the problem. Finally, remember to delete the
    dummy cube.

Regards.