1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blueprint KMSP

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by johnk51, 27/4/12.

1. johnk51

johnk51

us-washington
    I'm having a problem with the afcad for kmsp. I load the bgl, then save then compile and get an error. After the error the afcad it creates can't be read. I don't know what's causing it. My other afcads compile just fine. I even tried the extended compile. I want to add approaches to it, but it won't even compile not doing anything to it. I uploaded a picture of the error along with the xml and bgl that was created but dosen't work and also the orig bgl that can be opened and saved but not compiled. I forgot this is fs9 and windows xp sp3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 28/4/12
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    The problem is certainly with the compiler buffer in the FS9 BglComp. It is also caused by the complex aprons placed under the runways. Even with coplex split compile it seems to have problems. I removed the complex asphalt aprons under the runways. taxiways etc one at a time and after I removed the third or fourth it compiled normally with a single compile (that is not using Extended Compile). I think AFCAD passes approaches through. So you could try creating a stripped down airport with ADE and added your approaches to that. Then make sure this is read before your AFCAD version then you might get what you want.
  3. johnk51

johnk51

us-washington
    That worked. I guess the afcad was just too much. I'm glad that other scenery designers like fsdt don't use the afcad for major part of the scenery, just mainly for parking and taxiways for the ai. Thanks. I can live without the darker outline.