1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke it good and proper!

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by grajay, 25/5/07.

  1. grajay

    grajay

    Joined:
    16/2/05
    Messages:
    19
    Country:
    unitedkingdom
    I've managed to completely break simconnect so that it won't now operate over my network. Simconnect works fine on my Server machine and it has worked until I had an issue and thought to replace my version of simconnect.dll by deleting it and running the FSX Repair option. Shock horror when I discovered that all I had was the simconnect folder and dll for the SP1 file and not the earlier one. :eek:

    Is my best option to delete all the simconnect registry entries - uninstall FSX etc and reinstall please? My reason for asking is that have uninstalled FSX and removed all the 3rd party stuff, and reinstalled then SP1 - the original dll folder was not put into the C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS folder at all.

    Checking the registry I could see that the simconnect entries appear in 'pairs' one obviously for the new one and one for the older original version.

    I thought I'd cheat by copying the new version and used the entries in the registry to reconstruct the original folder - I also acquired a copy of the original dll file too.

    Sadly none of that worked for me.


    I'm not a techie - so any answers will need to be in simple terms please.:)

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Pete Dowson

    Pete Dowson

    Joined:
    25/9/06
    Messages:
    315
    Country:
    unitedkingdom
    Just run FSX install and select repair, from the original DVD. Or, if you have the Deluxe version (with the SDK), find the original SimConnect.msi and run that.

    Regards

    Pete
  3. grajay

    grajay

    Joined:
    16/2/05
    Messages:
    19
    Country:
    unitedkingdom
    Thanks for the reply Pete - I DID do that but still only had the newer folder with the dll from SP1 - bizarre I know but that's what I had.

    I've now managed to track down my problem - I had inadvertently missed changing the protocol line in the simconnect.xml after I reinstalled everything. I made sure I changed the Address and Port, but completely forgot to change the Protocol to show IPv4. It all works fine now.

Share This Page