1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brustem BAF - Sint-Truiden Belgium (WIP)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Gecko6, 14/8/07.

1. Gecko6

Gecko6

us-iowa
    Hello all,

This thread is here to draw some attention to my efforts of recreating a little known yet critical base in Belgium called Brustem. This based in located just south of the town of Sint-Truiden Belgium.

I would like to ask my Belgium friends for some help.

The BAF Museum has been awesome at providing me with the needed layout files and history. What I am in dire need of now is textures. Even thou I would love to visit Brustem this year it seems that work and family will not allow for this.

Below are some images of my progress and I will post more as I go.

[​IMG]

This image is a screen shot out of FSX. As you can see I have allot of taxiways, parking spots, and runway 06 located correctly. The tower is located in the right position and boundary fence is starting to take shape.

The next task is to build the shelters and the support buildings that have long been destroyed.

[​IMG]

This is a small version of the huge base plot provided by the BAF. This represents the base back in 1985.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot from airliners.net of the modern state of Brustem.

Why Brustem?

Because part of our A-7D package is going to be missions that represent the Air National Guard's role during the Cold War. Brustem was to be one of the places that Corsair Units would deploy to and fight from if the war would have gone hot!

So any help is very much appreciated. :smile:

Stay tuned for futher developements
  2. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    It is about 50 km for me so that's not an impossible distance to cover, however I have some exams coming up and will have to devote all my time to this the next 3 weeks. After the 1st of september I would be willing to drive over there if you don't find anyone who lives closer to Sint-Truiden. How is the accessibility of the airstrip BTW?
  3. Gecko6

Gecko6

us-iowa
    From what I understand the airbase is pretty much opened up. The main runway is used by the Helichopter business there.

Goodluck with your exms.
  4. Jonathan04

Jonathan04

belgium
    To all concerned,

Is anybody still working on this project ?
    I live just near to the old airbase of Brustem (St-Truiden) and may say that I know the airfield very well, even the smallest details and I have also a lot of documentation about it.

So, if interested let me know.

Best Regards