1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buildings complettely black

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by igabc, 2/4/10.

1. igabc

igabc

italy
    Hi all!

I've been trying to convert a Collada model for the first time. Everything works fine exept the building is complettely black when I load it in FSX with OPT.

I've found a discussion some where was said the problem was the missing textures.

So I loaded the BGL file into MCX and it looks like all the textures are in place, as it was before comversion.

Thanks!
    G
  2. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    But...

...did you convert the textures??? They need to be converted to .dds format before the sim will load them.
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I expect Bill is right, your textures are probably in a format that FS does not recognise. You might also have the check the size of your textures, FS requires the size to be a power of two and that is not always the case in COLLADA models.
  4. mdm248111

mdm248111

us-northcarolina
    I could never get .dds to work. I use a 32 bit bitmap for my textures;)
  5. igabc

igabc

italy
    I tried to re export everything with both DXT and BMP, closing FSX and reopening for each bgl.

The model is still black but when I export I don't see any textures saved anywhere.

I checked the textures and some are not square images.

I thought of uploading the model I am trying to export on my server. I would appreciate if you could take a look and see if something is wrong in there.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks guys!
    G
  6. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I looked out the model and it seems in your BGL file the object is still referring to JPG and PNG textures. These can not be read by FSX. Using the "mass texture editor" in ModelConverterX you can change the references to DDS files (it will also do the conversion and resize (if necessary) for you).