1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buildings

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by CirrusN210MS, 31/3/08.

1. CirrusN210MS

CirrusN210MS

how can i delete the buildings circl in blue? :D

i am trying to custom up a stock fsx airfield for the flight group i am part of

Attached Files:

2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    I assume you have loaded the airport from the stock list of airports? Then in the main screen set the Scenery Complexity (in the menu bar after settings) to EXTREMELY_DENSE. This should make all the buildings visible. The buildings you show look like generic buildings so they will show up on the ADE Main display as blue rectangles. If you are not sure that you are looking at the correct ones then connect ADE to FSX. In FSX go into slew mode and move your aircraft to the buildings and you will see where this is by the aircraft shape in ADE. If you find these are generic buildings then all you need to do is delete them in ADE and they should be gone from FSX as well.
  3. CirrusN210MS

CirrusN210MS

in the editor when its connected to fsx i dont see any extra buildings showing the only one that ever was showing was the tower
    Last edited: 31/3/08
  4. scruffyduck

wales
    Did you load the airport from the Stock? File > Open Stock Airport and select from the list?

If not then ADE won't show the buildings. If you did then can you please tell us the airport ICAO and name and then we can check. Also please look at the Scenery Complexity and make sure it is set to EXTREMELY_DENSE otherwise ssome of the buildings nay not be showing in ADE
  5. CirrusN210MS

CirrusN210MS

the areas marked in black are the buildings i added

i have added the bgl with the picture :D

Attached Files:

6. CirrusN210MS

CirrusN210MS

ok i reopen the file now i see the buildings why didnt they show up on my custom file???
  7. CirrusN210MS

CirrusN210MS

thanks for the help i removed alot of the buildings some will not let me rmeove them
  8. scruffyduck

wales
    You will not see them in your custom file because ADE does not load stock information automatically unless you open a stock airport. There is an option to force the load of stock data in the Tools Menu (Load Stock Data)
  9. scruffyduck

wales
    I need to look at the airport to see what buildings they are.

OK there are four special objects that version 1.20 cannot remove - if you look in the airport loaded from stock these are grey rectangles. They are special buildings that Microsoft created for this airport. At the moment if you want to remove these as well you would need to create an exclusion rectangle for library objects. ADE can't do this in version 1.20 automatically so you would need to use a tool like EXCBuilder
    Last edited: 31/3/08