1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Removal

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by Andrew Purdie, 3/9/07.

1. Andrew Purdie

Andrew Purdie

Is there any way to completely remove shrubs and bushes from the scenery? Personally i think they are ugly, and they decrease performance. Plus, who's going to be looking at bushes when you're on final? I tried using the "Pixel" tweak, but no luck...
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Here is my post on simflight.com

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=64443
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Which version of FS are you using?

In FsX I think all trees and bushes are library objects, so that means you could try to extract the objects you don't like. Although the engine will still try to draw them, you won't see them (don't know, but maybe the trying to draw can have a performance hit as well).

Another option would be to edit the texture of the bushes and make it fully transparant. Nothing to be seen anymore, although it is still drawn of course.
  3. Andrew Purdie

Andrew Purdie

yeah, thats what i was thinking of doing, but that is also what i was afraid of. but, there would be nothing to draw...
  4. Andrew Purdie

Andrew Purdie

yeah, i'm trying to get rid of them to boost performance, and because they're ugly too lol. Oh BTW i'm using FSX. If somone could give me the file names of the textures, that'd be cool too
  5. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Have either of you looked at the terrain.cfg file? That's the master file where all the different types of autogen trees, shrubs, etc. are specified per region... It may offer a more global method for "shrub trimming..." :wave:
  6. Andrew Purdie

Andrew Purdie

actually, i had a look into the file, but i couldnt figue out what to do with it lol:confused: :rolleyes:
  7. Timmo

Timmo

newzealand
    Just to confim you only want to remove small shrubs and bushes? or did you want to completely remove all autogen trees?
  8. pegger74

pegger74

ca-manitoba
    I'm a total noob here, and perhaps this opinion is a little naive, but why don't you just turn the Autogen Slider all the way down. It will get rid of all those non realistic things that hog performance, like corn cob houses and ugly trees.
    My other suggestion is to try SbuilderX. You can draw polygons that exclude whatever you want to remove from the scenery at any level of detail.