1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I do this in text edit ?

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by bobbyjack, 11/10/08.

1. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Again, welcome back, Don

While you were gone, I tried something. I wanted to write an FP that would place four of the same aircraft , that I was testing for frame rate draw, at an airport. First I created a simple two leg plan and added it to the list. Than I opened the plan in text editor, did three copy and pastes. Then changed the departure and arrival times so that the planes took off 5 minutes apart. When I was done I got some errors( don't remember what ) , so AIFP wouldn't let me do that. OK, so I went to the text file that I had saved of the original two leg plan, did the same thing ( copy and paste, change times) saved it, opened it in AIFP, and all was good. It's not a big deal, but I'm guessing the text editor is not ment to do what I tried?

Bob
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    THnaks for the report, Bob. Sounds like the same thing in both cases. I suspect it has something to do with the way the AIFP text editor updates the Flight Plan List. I'm preoccupied at the moment, so it may be a day or so before I get a chance to look at it.

Don
  3. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Bob, I finally got around to looking at this issue. While I don't yet have a solution, what is happening is that the second flight plan is not being recognized as the start of a new FP but rather, it is being interpreted as the third leg of the first flight plan.

Format-wise, everything looks OK. It's the error checking routine that is causing the problem.

Incidentally, you could have added the first flight plan to the flight plan list 4 times and then corrected the arrival and departure times using the text editor.

Don
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    That works for me.

BTW, what happened to the AIFP logo for the exe. Now there is just a generic "window" like thing on my desktop.

Bob
  5. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Checkout Release 1.5.1.. It fixes the problem you reported (and a couple of others with the text editor) and restores the AIFP icon.

Don