1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i make this type of elevation?

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by Shamir, 25/12/07.

1. Shamir

Shamir

dominicanrepublic
    Hi, My airport has a little mountain behind the GA place, and there we have Helicopters something like the "Armada" so, is this type of elevation possible ? Gmax, Sbuilder?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. jdberg

jdberg Resource contributor

germany
    Hello Shamir,
    it probably depends on which tools you are more familiar with.
    You could make a gmax object with a landable surface attached to it.
    You could also make an elevated poly with SbuilderX.
    When you want to make a detailed texture for the surface, the Gmax-Approach is the method you should use.

Jörg
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Shamir,

Just remember that AI aircraft only work correctly on a flat airport. So if you make this kind of elevations the AI will not work correctly. Also the XML code to define the taxiways, etc does only work for flat airports.

If that is no problem for you, you could either use GMax with platforms or SBuilder (or another terrain tool) to modify the elevation. I guess I would give SBuilder a try first and see if I could reach the effect I wanted with different (sloped) flattens.
  4. Shamir

Shamir

dominicanrepublic
    Hi Arno, the only reason why I dont want to do it with Sbuilder, is because it slopes away really far and not as I want on the Picture shown, ill give it a try on Gmax, any tutos? :D
  5. pegger74

pegger74

ca-manitoba
    I have a problem similar to this...I cna't seem to use SBuilder Poly's to create elevation. The texture shows, but I can't link a bunch of poly's together to form some sort of ground shape. Is it possible to do this with Sbuilder, or am I going at it all wrong?