• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Can we get the aircraft's current status

Country
china
From FS2004 and FSUIPC SDK I cannot find any information about the aircraft's status (taxi, take off, cruse, landing) except one bStatus for AI Aircraft in FSUIPC SDK shown as below:

The “bState” value is new for FS2004. When non-zero it gives the current status of the AI aircraft, as follows:

0x80 128 Initialising
0x81 129 Sleeping
0x82 130 Filing flight plan
0x83 131 Obtaining clearance
0x84 132 Pushback (back?)
0x85 133 Pushback (turn?)
0x86 134 Starting up
0x87 135 Preparing to taxi
0x88 136 Taxiing out
0x89 137 Take off (prep/wait?)
0x8A 138 Taking off
0x8B 139 Departing
0x8C 140 Enroute
0x8D 141 In the pattern
0x8E 142 Landing
0x8F 143 Rolling out
0x90 144 Going around
0x91 145 Taxiing in
0x92 146 Shutting down

Maybe we only can judge the status by ourselves according the aircraft's speed, attitude, gear/flaps status etc.

Country
us-texas
FSUIPC and SimConnect

Remember, We've already tested and confirmed that FSUIPC and SimConnect can indeed run side-by-side. (see thread 'SimConnect Simulator Variables'.

And, since Mr. Dowson has already converted his FSUIPC for FSX entirely? I'd check that that FSUIPC service stills provides the correct information on Aircraft 'State'.

I think I may be arriving at a point, that thinks that FSUIPC for FSX and SimConnect are both still necessary?

Flaps

Last edited: