• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 Bombardier Challenger 605

Country
us-illinois
This is a model I started a while ago and I'm going back to tinker with it now, and hopefully finish it. If you guys want to give it a quick critique or say some words of motivation, I'm open. :)

Attachments

• CL605.jpg
    CL605.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,378
Country
us-illinois
I currently have NO idea how to program, so I'll need someone to help on that. ;) I'm planning on also having a high-detailed VC and virtual luxury cabin. :D

Country
us-illinois
This is only about 3 days of work, so it's coming along quite quickly. :)

Attachments

• CL605.jpg
    CL605.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,546
Country
us-illinois
Another update, the external model is about 40% done and after that, I can move on to the Virtual cockpit and cabin. :D

Attachments

• CL605.jpg
    CL605.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,555
Country
us-illinois
Exterior model is about 60% complete now. I couldn't resist setting up some lights and cameras to make it look even better!

Attachments

• CL605.jpg
    CL605.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,902
Country
unitedstates
One of these beautiful birds bases on the airport I work at. I'd love a copy to fly in the sim. And it doesn't hurt to have more high quality business jets for Flight Sim, there are not enough!

Any outlook on a VC for the project or will we be able to "port" a VC from another aircraft to use with it? That would make it all the more cool.

Country
us-illinois
I'm not sure, but you should be able to use a 3rd-party VC with this. I'm testing it with the default CRJ-700 VC and panel right now. Then I need to dig deep into some specs and perfect the flight dynamics as much as possible. ;)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Richard Schwertfeger's and Bill Leaming's Global Express (freeware, Avsim) cockpit should work as well.

Country
us-illinois
Might just have to use it. ;) By the way, I don't know if my model can take any more polys! It's already broken 65,000! :eek:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
If it's for FSX, you can go on and on, but keep in mind that:

More polies = more texture vertices = possibly more materials (as there is a 65536 texture vertex limit per material) = worse performance

Country
us-illinois
It's 66,000 all together and I haven't even added an interior yet! :eek: It's amazing how fast the poly count climbs up.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Depends on your priorities.

More polies doesn't necessarily mean a better looking model and it's way more work to push all these vertices around. :duck:

Country
us-illinois
That's why I use FFD's a lot of the time. ;) They are awesome especially on high-poly areas. But with a little bit of smoothing, I guess any model could look good...