1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't work with Instrument & Radio, Switch and Multi panel simultaneously

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by pvpee, 10/4/12.

1. pvpee

pvpee

belgium
    Hello,

I bought the following components:
    1) 1 x Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant incl.
    2) 1 x Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
    3) 6 x Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panel
    4) 1 x Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
    5) 1 x Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel
    6) 1 x Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel

The six Instrument Panels are working via a second PC connected by SimConnect.xml.

All the other components are direclty connected to the primary PC (Server PC).
    Saitek gave me the following procedure, which I had to execute to play with all components together:
    If you have more than one PC connected to a LAN you can connect multiple Instrument Panels to a secondary PC which will display flight information from Microsoft FSX running on your primary PC. This can be useful to free up system resources for FSX.

On the Server PC

1. Ensure FSX and the FIP drivers are installed and running.
    2. Install the SimConnect.msi from the attached file
    3. Show hidden files. In Windows Explorer (if running Vista press Alt key) navigate to Tools> Folder Options. Select View tab. In Advance Settings > Hidden Files and Folders section, Select Show Hidden Files and Folders.
    4. Locate SimConnect.xml On Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ On XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\ Add section within the section <SimBase.Document…>
    <SimConnect.Comm>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <Address>SERVER_MACHINE_IP_ADDRESS</Address>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Port>SERVER_MACHINE_PORT_NUMBER</Port>
    <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
    <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
    </SimConnect.Comm>

Note: Find and insert the server machine IP address into the field
    above from Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection. Select Support tab.
    Note 2: Select a port number greater than 1024 (Not 8080). We recommend
    using 2001.
    Note 3: You will need to make a note of the Server machine IP address and
    the port number when setting up the client machine.

On the Client PC

5. Ensure that the Flight Instrument Panel drivers are installed and
    working correctly.
    6. Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    Package (x86). NOT the SP1 variant!
    7. Install the SimConnect.msi from the attached file
    8. Create a file in My Documents, a text document, rename to SimConnect.cfg

This contains:

[SimConnect]
    Protocol=IPv4
    Address=SERVER_MACHINE_IP_ADDRESS
    Port=SERVER_MACHINE_PORT_NUMBER
    MaxReceiveSize=4096
    DisableNagle=0

Note: Fill in the Server machine IP address and the port number
    selected from Step 4.

• To start the instrument panel, start FSX on the server. You may need
    to allow FSX to act as a server in the Firewall settings. If you have trouble
    connecting to this machine, temporarily disable the Firewall to see if a connection can be made.

• On the client PC, start SaiFlightSimX.exe
    Locate at: C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\

Note: If nothing appears to happen, open Task Manager and check that
    SaiFlightSimX.exe is in the list of running Processes. If SimConnect cannot find or connect to the Server PC, SaiFlightSimX.exe will only run very briefly
    and will not display any gauges. If this is the case try disabling the Firewall.

Tip: If the client machine fails to connect, please check the Advanced
    Network Settings. Navigate Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection. Select Properties. Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Select Properties. Select Advanced. Select WINS tab. Select Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP. Select OK or Close and all opened windows.

After executing all those operations I have the following problem:
    I can only play with the Instrument Panels or with the Switch, Radio and Multi panels once at a time.

I discovered that this problem is coming from the fact if I define the IP Address in the SimConnect.xml file on the Server PC yes or no (at location: C:\Users\Pieterjan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX). The two scenario's are the following one:
    1) I don't define the IP Address in SimConnect.xml and start Flight Sim X:
    - I get following message: Do you want to execute following software -> SaiPanels.exe
    - I answer to execute this software
    - Next I get the following message:
    Would you like to designate this module (C:\Program Files (X86)\Saitek\Pr...\SaiPanels.exe) as 'Trusted' software? Select Yes to
    automatically load this software whenever you start Flight Simulator. Select No to load this software for this session only.
    - When I click on Yes or No (it doesn't matter), the lights of the Switch, Radio and Multi panels light up, so it's obvious that those three
    panels are functioning fine.
    - The same two messages are than displayed, but for SaiFlightSimX.exe instead of SaiPanels.exe.
    - When I fly the Cesna for example the Switch, Radio and Multi panels function fine, but the Instrument Panels not, which is logical
    because the IP Address isn't defined.

1) I define the IP Address in SimConnect.xml and start Flight Sim X:
    - I get following message: Do you want to execute following software -> SaiPanels.exe
    - I answer to execute this software
    - Next I get the following message:
    Would you like to designate this module (C:\Program Files (X86)\Saitek\Pr...\SaiPanels.exe) as 'Trusted' software? Select Yes to
    automatically load this software whenever you start Flight Simulator. Select No to load this software for this session only.
    - When I click on Yes or No (it doesn't matter), the lights of the Switch, Radio and Multi panels DON'T light up, so it's obvious that those
    three panels are NOT functioning.
    - The same two messages are than displayed, but for SaiFlightSimX.exe instead of SaiPanels.exe.
    - When I fly the Cesna for example the Instrument Panels function fine, but the Switch, Radio and Multi panels not.

This problem really has something to do with the XML message which is passed between both PC's, so I hope you can find a solution to solve this, because I really want to play with all panels at the same time.

I already installed and reinstalled Flight Sim X several times, so this isn't gonna solve something. I hope you can provide me with a more sophisticated solution.

Kind regards,

PJ Vanpee