1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circuit Characteristics

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by apollon01, 4/2/09.

1. apollon01

apollon01

luxembourg
    Hello,

I'm not sure if my question belong here but hopefully somebody could help me.

I noticed that some AI planes cannot land on one airport (they seem to have too high approach altitude) and they always go around. If within the same flight plan I change the plane to another GA plane everything is OK.

I had an impression that the circuit flown by the first plane was rather short (causing the approach altitude too high) and the circuit of the second plane was a bit longer.

Is there a way I could edit the circuit characteristics?
    Or may the problem be somewhere esle?

Thank you

Milan
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Milan

I have noticed that not all planes work well as AI. Even ones that say they are for AI. Even some default planes don't work well. In my sim, the default piper wanders around the airport and flies off in whatever direction it wants. I had a B-1 that landed short of the runway and traveled underground until it vanished at the airport. It's kind of a trial and error. There may be things that you can do to the mdl or air files, but I don't know. I believe the problem is related more to the aircraft than to the flightplan or airport.

Bob
  3. apollon01

apollon01

luxembourg
    ok, I see that my problem is rather an easy one as it is still behaving like a plane and not like a ground hog :)

so I'll let it be

the strange thing, though, is that the same plane lands uneventfully on other airports

thank you Bob for your comments

Milan
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    I suppose that it is posible that approach codes could play a part. Do you use airports that are addons or have been modified?

Bob
  5. apollon01

apollon01

luxembourg
    it is the second airport I created with FSX Planner

that plane does not have any problem with the first one that has similar (though not identical) characteristics (runway size)

do you think there is something I should look into?
  6. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Sounds like a possible FSXPlanner issue. You might check over in their fourm to see if there is something you can do. If your AI plane lands OK at default airports but not at your addon...

Hard for me to know. The piper I had trouble with didn't work at my addon (an airport without ILS at the time) or at the default KSAN(San Diego, California). What plane gives you this problem?

Bob
  7. apollon01

apollon01

luxembourg
    I am having this issue with both Piper Warrior and Tomahawk from JustFlight

I am not sure if it is FSX Planner issue as the first airport I made with it is OK for all traffic I am sending to

but I'll try to play a bit with the runway size and will see at least if this is the problem

Milan
  8. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    As I read the Justflight website, those are not AI planes. There is every chance that they will not behave properly as AI. You will no doubt have better luck getting planes from sites dedicated to AI, of which there are many. You might get lucky changing the runway (I hope so), but planes not created as AI tend to be framerate and performance hogs when used as such. Set up 5 or 6 of your pipers at your airport at one time and see what happens.

God luck

Bob
  9. apollon01

apollon01

luxembourg
    yeah, you are definitely right... they are just imported to my AI traffic tool in order to use them as AI (I made a custom repaint and I wanted to see it in FSX)

I think that clears my question
    Thanks Bob for your help

Milan
  10. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Milan, have you confirmed that there is parking available for the plane at the airport at which it won't land when it tries to land?

In FSX, to accommodate a given AI aircraft, the radius of the parking spot must be equal to or greater than half the wingspan specified in its aircraft.cfg file converted to meters and rounded up to the nearest higher meter.

Don