• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Compile Error

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi seemed to be having some problems compiling with a GP line or ground poly. When I compile I get this error message "
upload_2017-3-21_23-11-30.png

Any ideas please.
Paul

Country
unitedkingdom
yep installed it yesterday, still the same problem. Got it going through prepare 3d sdk 3.4.9.1840.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
When you say got it going do you mean it works now?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK Got it - can you please either attach the project file (.ad4) here to a post or email it to me. I can see where the error is coming from but I need to try and replicate it. It might be better to upload it to a post here so Don can also look at it

GHD

Country
england
Hmm, it works fine in V1.71.6177 Beta.

I did remove the duplicate parking spot and a couple of orphan nodes.

Country
unitedkingdom
Would I be missing something from my system. It has recently had a clean install of win10. I am also using v171.6177 Beta
Paul

Country
unitedkingdom
Ok just ran a test on a default airfield and got this error?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 230

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Don is travelling at the moment and away from my development system. The .ad4 file contains a single GP line. The person reporting has not stated that removing this line also removes the problem, but I'm going to assume it does.

Provided the machine is configured properly and the version of ADE-GP is compatible with the installed version of ADE, I see no reason for this problem. I have personally used the current versions extensively in my own work, without difficulty.

Would the reporter please report the version number of the GP Editor shown in the title bar of the editor. If It's not 2.2.00 or later, please download and install the latest version (2.2.01 I recall) from http://stuff4fs.com together with the latest version of ADE and give that a try.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
It will not compile either a ground poly or a line, the gp editor is the lastest 2.2.1. If there are no gp objects (poly or line) the project will compile. So I must have a problem in the area of the gp editor.
thanks
Paul

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jon, I don't have P3Dv3 on my travelling system, so I can't compile for Pv3. But it compiles fine for FSX. From the nature of the exception details, it appears that the exception occurred in ADE, not ADE_GP.

This appears to be an isolated situation. If you can't find anything in ADE proper, then my only suggestion is the reporter remove the single GP until I get home in late April and I have a chance to inverstigate further.

Don

EDIT: Paul, please try to compile for FSX and let us know what happens.

Country
unitedkingdom
Ok tried compiling GP Poly for FSX and ............... it worked!!!! So it must be something to do with the p3d side of things.
Paul

GHD

Country
england
Hmm again.

Your AD4 file compiles for me using both FSX mode (on XP) and P3D mode (on W7). It must be something local to your machine o_O