1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concrete over Asphalt

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by Bob Keeshan, 10/12/07.

1. Bob Keeshan

Bob Keeshan

unitedstates
    ADE Team,

Another thing I noticed while working with my KCMH redesign is that when I placed a concrete tarmac object over an asphalt tarmac object, I could not see the concrete object when I compiled and tested in FSX. I tried to go back and "send to back" the asphalt object, and while it looked right in ADE, the concrete object still didn't show in FSX. I went back deleted the concrete object, saved the airport, and recreated the concrete object over the asphalt object, but it still didn't work right in FSX.

The reason I was doing this is that there are a couple areas at KCMH where there is a concrete part of the tarmac bordered on all sides by asphalt. To recreate this effect, I ended up drawing the asphalt object around the concrete object, but it would have been easier to just place a concrete square on top of the asphalt.

BK
    Last edited: 10/12/07
  2. jvile

jvile

Bob

I agree it would be easier but as you see concrete does not cover asphalt. There are many different apron textures that take precedence over other textures which is a draw priority in the FS9/FSX graphics engine.

You have already found the work around and if you look at a default airport like EHAM you see FSX did exactly what you did.