1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion of Flightplan format

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by berendt, 3/9/07.

1. berendt

berendt

germany
    Hello Experts,

the flightplans for PMDG aircraft in FS9 have a special format (*.rte), as is well known. Though it is possible to write flightplans for instance with the help of Flight Sim Commander and then save these plans in *.rte format, this seems not to be possible with the built-in flightplanner in FS9 itself.

I do not know whether or not a conversion program exists which converts an ordinary FS9 flightplan, created within FS9 itself, into *.rte format. If not, I should like to write such a short tool myself. In order to be able to do so, I however need to know the code structure of the *.rte plans. A request at the precisionmanuals people resulted in the answer that they do not release the code. On the other hand, at least the creators of Flight Sim Commander must know the structure in order to be able to save their plans in PMDG format.

My question: Does there exist to your knowledge a) a description of the rte-structure for Gurus and/or b) an external conversion program which does the job?

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Gerhard Berendt

Dr. Gerhard Berendt
    e-mail: berendt@zedat.fu-berlin.de
    Internet: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~berendt
    Telefon: 004930 84314813
    Fax: 0049151 13 17063215