1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting FS9 to FSX photoreal

Discussion in 'Terrain Design General' started by Anthony31, 15/5/08.

1. Anthony31

Anthony31

australia
    Hello everybody. I have often visited this forum to find answers to my scenery design problems and after a quick search I am usually able to find the answer. However, I haven't found an answer to this question yet.

I have done some photoreal scenery for Darwin in FS2004 using Photo Scenery Maker and the MS annotator tool for autogen. One of my testers has tried the scenery in FSX and it works (mostly). The only problem is that there appears to be a black line around the coastline (I guess where the edge of the alpha channel is). I don't have FSX so I am not familiar with it or it's workings. Is there a method or program that converts FS9 photoreal scenery into FSX photoreal scenery? Or do I need to get a copy of FSX and the SDK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

To be able to make the scenery in the FSX format you would at least need the FSX tools from the SDK (mainly resample tool). These are only included in the Deluxe version of FSX and the GUI tools that can help you in this process will also not work without the SDK. So I guess you first need to get FSX if you want to do this.
  3. Anthony31

Anthony31

australia
    Thanks Arno