1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting my scenery objects to macros

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by Sidney Schwartz, 7/4/08.

1. Sidney Schwartz

Sidney Schwartz

us-oregon
    I've created quite a few scenery object libraries for FS9. A while back a buddie of mine who was using FSSC asked me if I could convert some of the objects to api macros so he could use them. It turned out to be very easy to do, and I've been intending to upload macro versions of all my object libraries. As far as I can tell (and as far as my buddy remembers), someone using FSSC would need a) the macros, and b) the textures that go with the objects, but not the object libraries themselves. Is this correct? If I'm going to do this I'd like to do it the right way.

Thanks in advance for your help. :wave:
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I don't know of any tools that can make API macros from your library objects that work without the library. It is possible though to make an API that calls the GUID of your library object (Library Creator XML can do this), but then you still need the library as well.
  3. Sidney Schwartz

Sidney Schwartz

us-oregon
    Thanks, Arno. That makes sense. I know zip about macros, so it's hard for me to even make an educated guess. :rolleyes:
  4. robystar

robystar

Hi,

As far as my experience goes, if you use FSSC you do not need the object library if you have the macro's and the textures belonging to it. I have made me a whole bunch of scenery objects using EOD to make the macro's and then use FSSC to incorporate them in an add on scenery. I know it is oldfashioned but it works and that is enough for me.

Roby