1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting yanco san ww2 Carrier in to FSX AI

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by woodylepic, 10/3/10.

1. woodylepic

woodylepic

canada
    Hi

I have made a very cool mission last years whit 6 WW2 ai moving carrier for FSX "Midway 1942" but i have find some very cool WW2 carrier from Yanco san, that was excelent for my projet, i have try to contact him to ask him to convert is FS9 mdl into FSX but is email was out, and i cant find any link on is new email adresse ?

I have try to convert this BGL to model whit Modelconverterx whit no succes there somme error in the conversion ? can somebosy please help me to convert this excelent BGL in to mdl for FSX ?
    Last edited: 7/11/11
  2. robystar

robystar

From what I understand when looking for Yanco in the 'search' function of Flightsim.com, there is already a FSX compatible version of the carrier.
    If that is not enough or does not work, I suggest you download the latest development release of MCX (and not the latest stable release).
    FS9 AI are supposed to be scenery models and as such can be opened and read by the latest MCX release. You could then export the MDL('s) again as FSX mdl's and use them for both simobjects and scenery library objects.
    What is your ModelconverterX version and what exactly do you mean by conversion for fsx tools?
    On second thought, I wonder if this carrier is FS9? It looks like an updated FS8 one! And that might cause the problems!
  3. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Just a minor point - FS9 AI are aircraft models (MDL files), not scenery models (BGL files). But he says he already has an FSX BGL file, so that's not his problem?

If it really is an FS2002 MDL or BGL file that "works" in FS9 then MCX cannot convert it, AFAIK.

If you have a true FS9 or FSX scenery BGL file then it should be converted, again AFAIK.

Hope this helps,
  4. robystar

robystar

Tom, you are probably right. It is FS8 and there is no single mdl but there are numerous ones
    The mdl's (after decompiling with bglxmld.exe) gave no readable mdl's either though the author put them in the addon scenery/scenery.
    That makes it hardly feasible to include in FSX.
    Still, I wonder how come there is an FSX update? I still have to try that but I cannot see any changes in the mdl's.