1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

data extraction

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by wannabeaflyer, 13/9/07.

1. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer

unitedkingdom
    Hi Guy i have built my 1st 2DOF Motion platform and am upgrading the whole Control / Software side of this project, i have since found out about simconnect and am trying to get my head around the whole proramming process .. i know this is the dumbest question ,but i really cant seem to locate the variables i need to extract specific data from FSX via Simconnect ... the core of my 1st stage of programming attempt will be to Use The example provide by " Notasenators Sample Code" to Communicate with FSX ( so Far So Good ) my next intention was to create a simple series of Textboxes whis would show the current Height , Pitch , Roll , speed etc data coming from FSX .... tough enough trying to get to grips with Simconnect and Vis C# but thought if i got this stage done then the other elements would fall into place anyways what i asking is where is can i find the list of All variables used in FSX ( if their is such a document ) should i be looking for a System Event or Event ID ( looked Through the SDK documents but these values did not seem to be there HeeeeeeeelllllllP :eek: a real newbie here taking on a big project just need a jump start .. any help will be greatly appreciated guys so thanks in advance either way
  2. Pete Dowson

Pete Dowson

unitedkingdom
    You merely need to refer to the list of Simulation Variables, in SDK\Core Utilities Kit\Variables. The filename is "Simulation Variables.html", so it isn't exactly well hidden! ;-)

Regards

Pete
  3. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer

unitedkingdom
    Sim Variables

Hi Peter Just to say thanks for the Pointer , a Serious case of cant see the wood for the trees situaution here:eek: .. i looked at those files but obviously missed what i was looking for, or not looking for the right thing sorta ( was looking for just plain ol Roll , Pitch , and airspeed but theres more to it than that i suppose ) . many thanks for the info will have a good look this weekend . By the way your FSUIPC utility is a godsend Brilliant program, like many in the Flight sim Commuity i salute you sir :)
    Last edited: 14/9/07