1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deleting objects

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by rudder, 25/4/08.

1. rudder

rudder

us-virginia
    Hi All, I deleted all of the objects at our local airport in ADE,I compiled and saved the airport , started up fsx and the building still show up. They do not show up in ADE:cool:
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Can you explain the process? You loaded an airport from stock? You set the scenery complexity in ADE to Extremely Dense. You deleted all the objects/buildings in ADE. Compiled the airport to an active scenery folder. Loaded the airport and the buildings are still there....is that what happened?
  3. rudder

rudder

us-virginia
    Hi Jon, thats about It, all generic objects, turned yellow deleted, compiled , still in fsx. This morning re compiled, opend up fsx, some of the objects had gone not all of them. I shall reinstall the fsx sdk today and see what happens.Thanks.:confused:
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Re-installing the SDK won't help. Yellow objects in ADE are library objects, blue ones are generic buildings. So let me descibe something and you tell me if this is what you are doing?

• Set the scenery complexity in ADE (The box at the top in the menu bar to EXTREMELY DENSE)
    • Make sure that View > Display Only Objects is ticked
    • Load a stock airport. When loaded any library objects will be in yellow and generic buildings in blue.
    • Each object that you want to remove - select it and then delete. The item will go in ADE
    • compile it and make sure that the bgl file is in an active FSX folder (FSX should not be running)
    • Start FSX - the updating scenery progress bars should show up and then FSX loads.
    • Make sure that your scenery setting in FSX is also extremely dense. you should match FSX and ADE with the same value always otherwise different objects may show in each.
    • Load up your airport.

When I did that here the buildings and objects I deleted have gone from FSX. Any that I did not are still there.

Is that what you are doing?
    Last edited: 26/4/08
  5. rudder

rudder

us-virginia
    Hi jon, all of the above except the object display, now corrected, I changed the object colour, if everything is ok you will find details in att. zip.
    Last edited: 7/11/09